Chapter 12: Yet another addition

They were currently in the Foundry's main room, from which HK was giving commands to his 'worthless minions' for thousands of years. And yes, he was built four thousand years ago. He saved pretty well for his age. He was constantly repairing himself, using the Foundry's resources. All the time Danny kept asking him numerous questions, being completely clueless to the droids' growing irritation (His static face couldn't show emotions, anyway)

Danny smiled fondly at the fleet floating in the vacuum of space. During the last month the Foundry built ten Harrowers, twenty five warships of Terminus-class, and eight Gage transports. All of the ships were filled not only with droid crew, but also filled to the maximum of their carrying capabilities with soldiers. The droids were copies of HK-47, but they were dark gray in color and had bright blue visors. Their tactical and logical capabilities were breakthrough, but HK could break them all with no effort, since, again, they were mere copies of him.

Returning to the matter of ships, this fleet wasn't enough for an open fight against all odds. But he could be a powerful asset, which could bring victory. Because no armor plating or powerful shields could protect from a guy who could teleport right inside, blow up generators with a flick of the hand, and escape from a downed ship. That was IF he will engage in an open fight. They will be able to jump wherever they wanted, while the yuths couldn't. Because, unlike them, Phantom's fleet also had astromechs among their crew.

Why one month? Because the empire would find out everything by then and undoubtedly will send the fleet, especially if the admiral will be persistent enough. Danny received a message a few days ago, the imperial probe arrived in the system. They had to hurry, because the second it becomes operational on the planet's orbit, the yuths will come. Danny wondered how big portal he could make. It needed to be a few miles in diameter, he never made it bigger than himself.

'But is this plan worth it?' Danny thought, putting a hand on his chin.

The chair was positioned rather pompously. If he turns around on his chair and with his back turned to the table, he would face a huge window.

Danny felt something nuzzle against his another hand. Phantom looked down and, seeing his little pet, smiled softly.

"Hey, Alva, missed me?"

The fluffy creature cooed and tapped with its hooked beak on his hand. Understanding the gesture, Danny put the bird on her favorite nesting place - namely his messy and soft hair. He didn't actually mind, everything she did was sleeping up there. She hadn't yet developed her razor sharp talons yet, so it didn't hurt her master. Flapping her small wings, Alva moved his snowy locks, making an improvised pillow, before curling in a ball and sitting down.

Danny smiled at that, before taking out a datapad without any target in mind. Play tetris maybe, wait, there wasn't any tetris. With a deadpan expression Danny tossed it away on a table. Suddenly his ghost sense went off, and it pointed right behind him. Danny winced slightly. He knew what this conversation will be about. Turning on his chair, Phantom saw the same mysterious ghost.

"Hello there," he smiled and let out an uneasy laugh.

"You forgot about my request, didn't you?"

Danny sighed. "Sorry pal, kinda forgot. Well, you are here know, what did you want to talk about?"

Then the ghost noticed something. "Is this a bird in your hair?"

"Yep. Alva, say hi."

The hawk chirped from her seat and put her hand under fluffy wing again. The ghost hummed.

'This boy seems quite talented. His bond with the bird is strong.' He thought.

"Dude, are you there?" Danny snapped his fingers in front of his face. The ghost snapped out of his thoughts and turned at him. "You spaced out for a moment."