Chapter 9: A new toy

A.N. Danny is speaking with every specie on its native language. When he is speaking English, the words will be written like this.

It was going much better than Phantom anticipated. Not that he was going to complain about it. On the contrary, he personally welcomed everyone who was willing to join his cause. However, Danny wasn't happy with the reasons some of them joined. They feared him. His display of power and ruthlessness was terrifying, so they joined only to be sure Phantom doesn't snap their necks or cuts them down with his lightsaber. Danny tried to sound polite and gentle to everyone in order to calm his new subordinates. He continued to assure them that no harm will come to any civilian or surrendering soldier. Phantom also publicly warned that every soldier who continued fighting would be eliminated.

The threat didn't work so good. Many soldiers continued resisting, the fights kept going. The biggest group took stronghold in the building of the capital administration and refused to surrender. Phantom personally took part in eliminating the last remaining loyalists. After leading his troops through the first line of defence, snipers and shooters in the windows, Danny managed to break inside the building. The rogue soldiers were taken by surprise when he started deflecting their blasts back at them. And the last thing you may wish is to be trapped inside narrow corridor while fighting against the lightsaber combatant, even if amateur one.

And now they were brought to their knees, both literally and figuratively. Danny looked down on their downcast faces, humming under his nose, as the soldiers grimly awaited their execution.

"You have killed plenty of my men," Phantom commented, twirling the lightsaber in his hand for intimidation. "Be it someone instead of me and you would have shared the fate of your comrades," he gestured towards motionless bodies lying nearby. "But...I'm a strong believer in second chances. My offer still remains, since you are the officers, you either tell us what you know or die. Simple enough, isn't it?"

"We will never tell you anything, scum!" One of them spat.

"Boldly spoken."

The soldier started to choke, he tried to breath, but something was gripping his neck too tight. He fell on the ground. Phantom didn't even need to raise his hand to do this trick. Once the soldier's skin started to get a blue shade, he released the man. The soldier panted deeply, gasping for every bit of air he could breath in. The others stared in horror at the brutal display of power. Danny sat on his knee near him, and Phantom's deadly green eyes bored into the man's.

"I'll give you time to reconsider your decision. Move them to their cells, I'm done here for now."

His subordinates nodded and led the survivors out of the room, leaving the ghost teen alone in the half destroyed hall. Danny hummed, getting on his feet. Now he understood the populace's fear. Yes, they better fear than hate him, but he needs to show them that he was not a cruel power hungry monster. But he needed the imperial codes, whatever it takes to get it. Phantom closed his eyes in contemplation, before feeling that he wasn't alone.

"Rufus, is there anything you want to talk about?"

He sensed a wave of surprise coming from the commando.

"How did you know it was me?"

Danny chuckled. "I sensed your emotions. Who else could come to me with a feeling of annoyance and the high expectations?"

Pax clapped his hands sarcastically. "Yeah, yeah, then you probably know what exactly I want."

Phantom dug in his pockets, before taking out a shining datacard and handing it to the slightly older man. Rufus took the card and smashed it with his hand.