Chapter 46: The suffering

A.N. So, I have celebrated my birthday with a bottle of champagne, fast food and seven hours of PS4 with my friends, brother and cousin. But I managed to finish this one quick enough.

Please, this is a hard chapter to take in. But don't kill me.

"Untie me, you bastard!" Komand exclaimed.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. What a dirty mouth you have, girl," her captor crossed his hands, leaning against the wall and giving a fanged smirk. "You sure sound pretty confident for someone I've beaten before the fight even started."

"You are a cheating rat," the woman growled at the pale skinned man.

"Ah, cheating. Yeah, I have an experience with this. But seriously, I would watch your mouth if I were you. Your baby girl is nearby."

Only this prevented Komand from insulting him further. She looked at her daughter, who was held in the stasis field as well. The girl had cried everything away long ago, she was just looking away from the one she feared so much. Oh, and the man enjoyed the taste. How he missed this in the seven lonely years. Soon he was going to feast, but not without taking his revenge on the person he hated so much. The funny thing was, it was himself.

"What do you want?" Komand spat.

Her chin was roughly grabbed by a strong hand. The man's eyes glowed red as he moved the woman's head around.

"I must say, Danny-boy has a good taste for girls. But I'm not here for this. I want to make him regret every year of my imprisonment. And he will suffer. And you two are going to play an essential part in a little plan of mine."

Suddenly she spewed right into his face in distate.

"You little bitch," he growled, before slapping her as hard as he could. Komand screamed in pain and panted as her hurt cheek was becoming redder.

"You better give up while you still can. He will beat you to the pulp," she said.

"I'd like to see him try," the captor grinned. "So far you have been the one getting all the beating, until your knight in shining armor appears. Now let's wait until he learns about my little surprise."

The inhabitants of Coruscant were becoming very nervous. Two explosions in one week, that was enough to shake their nerves. The latter incident wasn't as destructive as the previous one, it occurred on the middle floors of one of many plazas. But they were lucky that the building didn't collapse and Phantom was nearby to save everyone he could. Without revealing himself, he managed to get the survivors to safety. They were contused for the most part, so it wasn't too hard.

Danny was wondering. That couldn't be the corporations. They were getting everything they wanted, and Phantom already had them on a tight leash. It couldn't be a gas leak, the Republic wasn't using any. Danny realized that Amidala was busy at the moment, so going to her was pointless. He was exhausted after coming in contact with an intense heat for so long, he was dirty from the ash and dust, he was disgruntled by this incident.

Rubbing his face with the dirty gloves, leaving coal black traces, Danny didn't even open the door of his mansion, before strolling inside the building. He simply phased inside. As he passed the corridor, went into the living room, Phantom suddenly understood that it was unusually quiet around. Maybe that was because the girls were out, he didn't know. He arrived quite late, after all. But Komand usually told him when she was going for a walk...

Suddenly Danny heard a low beeping sound coming from a living room. Raising his eyebrow, Phantom went there. He didn't see anyone in the room, but one small tablet was on the sofa. Carefully, in case it was yet another bomb, he pressed the button from the distance. Immediately he froze as the picture appeared on the previously black screen.