PROLOGUE

It was a year after the disappearance of Will Byers and everything was back to normal.

Or so they thought.

Evangeline was back to being the most popular girl in middle school, and she rarely talked to Mike Wheeler and his friends like she had last year. It was as if she'd completely gone back to her old popular, bitchy ways.

But not for long.

Her brother, Steve Harrington, was back to being head over heels for Nancy Wheeler, and Johnathan was back to secretly crushing over her. Nancy and Steve were back together and seemingly happy as ever.

Or so Steve thought.

Hopper was back to his normal worth ethic, believing that mornings were for coffee and contemplation, and spent all of his free time looking after Eleven, the girl who'd disappeared off of the radar after killing the demogorgon.

But she'll reappear on the radar soon.

Joyce Byers was dating local Radio Shack manager, Bob Newby. She worked hard and always worried about her son, she just wanted him to be safe.

But he wasn't.

Will had episodes every now and then, and Mike would always be there to comfort him. He was told his episodes would go away over time.

But they just got worse as days went by.

Lucas was just as he'd always been. Annoyed a lot of the time and always wanting to help his friends - and stop Erica from stealing his action figures and trying to make them date her barbies. His wrist rocket was abandoned on the floor.

But it would be used again soon.

Dustin Henderson was still head over heels for Evangeline Harrington. She took all of his attention. He was back to staring at her every day rather than figuring out how to get his friend back and fighting creatures from other dimensions.

But that fighting would return soon.

And now two new people had moved to Hawkins, and one of them had caught Evangeline's attention.

But before any friendship could occur their lives were turned upside down once again...