The Games Begin

Yang had dragged Bendy out of the cafeteria and to the roof of the main building of the Delta Base. Over there, she was greeted by Alex, Jonas, Ren, Clarissa, Nona, Michael, Ruby and Boris. Everyone congratulated him for being a part of the upcoming Strange Games. But however, they could tell that he was nervous.

"Come on, brother." Boris said. "There's no need to be nervous. You know you have us by your side."

"I know, Boris." Bendy replied. "But I never imagined that someone like me will be a part of that traditional event."

"You're not very social, are you?" Jonas raised an eyebrow.

"Not really." Bendy shook his head. "That is until I met you guys after Boris and I joined Delta."

"Oh, come on!" Clarissa scoffed. "What's the point in being nervous about being a part of some tournament?"

"Yeah." Alex replied. "When Yang told us about you on your first day, she said that you had skills in strength and agility. You also have that giant fountain pen you carry around everyday."

"She also said something about you having a monster form." Michael added.

"Wait." Ren said. "You have a monster form?"

"Yeah," Bendy nodded. "But I promised myself that I will never use that form again."

"You still remember that incident?" Boris raised an eyebrow. "It was one time, Bendy."

"That still won't convince me to change my mind, dude."

There was silence among the group. Not until Yang stepped in and said, "Hey. I may have just what you need."

"What?" Bendy looked at her. "Are you gonna give me one of your dumb puns?"

"Nope." Yang shook her head before going on one knee and wrapping an arm around him. "All you need is some advice. Just be yourself out there. Stay completely calm when you and your group fight your opponents. Also, don't let your guard down."

"Why would I let my guard down?"

"Boris said you always tend to get distracted by pretty girls whenever you have a sparring match." Nona said.

Bendy became quiet as a result.

"Just don't be a dolt out there, okay?" Clarissa put a hand on her face.

"I won't!" He groaned.

The next day, every street in Camena was flooded by a river of excited Strange Ones holding flags and wearing accessories of purple, orange and white. Some humans who were invited were also seen in the crowd of bustling beings that wield powers born from their own soul. Today was the day of the Strange Games, every Strange One discovered. Right now, they were currently running all the way to Strange Coliseum. Meanwhile, planes from every country in the world arrived in airports, indicating other groups of four Strange Ones who were living in those other countries.

Meanwhile, Alex, Michael and Jonas were waiting for one of their friends from Delta to pick them up and drive them to the Strange Coliseum. They would ask their parents, but both of them were taking a vacation in another state. They would ask their neighbor, a crocodile named Bea, to drive them, but she was at work. Around them, it was rarely quiet. The echoes of the chanting Strange Ones were heard from their neighborhood. As they sat on the concrete stairs that lead them into their house, all three of them were stricken with boredom. That is until Alex noticed a gray car approaching to the front of their house. 

Both of her brothers noticed the car as well and they stood up to walk up to it. Once they got closer to the car, the driver's window opened to reveal a young man with brown hair in the form of a bob cut in a red sweater vest underneath a white shirt with brown pants and black shoes. Beside him was a young woman his age with long orange hair in a brown coat with a matching skirt that reached her knees and black heels. Behind the woman's seat was Betty in her Amber attire, and on her lap was Kumu. Alex, Jonas and Michael entered the car, for it was only Betty's caretakers, siblings Agate and Copper.

During their drive to the Strange Coliseum, they had to stop repeatedly, for there was a lot of chanting Strange Ones who were going to the same destination as they were. This made Copper groan with impatience as he drove.

"So, how was getting those substances injected into you?" Jonas asked, getting Betty's attention.

"I felt funny when those substances were injected into my soul." Betty answered. "Afterwards, Alphys told me to let them settle until the next day. When I woke up, I felt like my soul was recently charged with a lot of energy."

"Can we take a look at your new powers?" Alex asked.

"I can't just yet. Copper's driving right now and he doesn't want to be distracted."

"Okay..."

Copper groaned. "There's too many people... I swear, we're gonna be late..."

"Come on, brother." Agate rolled her orange eyes. "The Strange Games don't start until the clock strikes ten. We only have three hours left."

Michael looked out the window to look at the crowd of people marching the streets. "You guys really love these Strange Games. Is it normal when you guys fight each other?"

"Well, of course. We're Strange Ones after all."

"And then, there's me..." Betty said with a shrug. "A Construct in the form of a young girl, but acts more like an adult, but still has a lot to learn about how this world works."

"Speaking of, how much have you learned about the world?" Jonas replied.

"Ever since Agate and Copper took me in, I've been learning a lot. They taught me that this world has many people, and that includes us as well." She put a finger on her chin. "But, there is something I am not sure of. Do Constructs count as people?"

"We see you as a person." Alex grinned. "Everyone at Delta sees you as someone. Everyone around you sees you as someone."

"But, look at me. I have to go out in public wearing this dumb wig, these annoying eye contacts and a false name."

"That won't stop anyone from seeing you as a person, Betty. Be proud of who you are. Be proud of your life."

"You're right." Betty nodded.

After a difficult journey through the crowded streets of the town, they have finally made it to the Strange Coliseum. Over there, they were greeted by the other heroes of Delta and many others. Surprisingly, Carly was there and she wanted to record the tournament for the Newspaper Club at her school. Right now, they were sitting in a section of seats that were reserved for heroes of Delta. As for other heroes of Delta, they were watching the tournament at home. Alex, Michael and Jonas, along with Ren, Nona and Clarissa were sitting next to Asgore and Toriel. Frisk, Saoirse and Asriel were excited while Kubo was content.

After every seat was taken in the coliseum, the crowd began to cheer after a woman in a dark blue suit holding a microphone was seen in the middle of the battlefield. When she tapped on the microphone, a screech was heard from the speakers from above and the crowd stopped cheering. Grinning, she spoke into it.

"Humans, Strange Ones," She said. "Welcome to the 292nd annual Strange Games!"

Everyone in the coliseum cheered again, mostly the Strange Ones who were excited for one of their traditions to begin.

"Looks like every Strange One in this place is excited! Well, guess what! I'm just as excited as all of you are! Now, for many years, groups of four Strange Ones from many regions of Strange Island competed for the power given from one of the greatest relics in Strange One history: the Pure Soul's Grail!"

A holographic image of a silver grail with gemstones was shown from above. The humans in the crowd were in awe while the Strange Ones began to cheer again.

"Every Strange One knows the rules: there will be no death in this competition. The winning team will get an energy spark from the Pure Soul's Grail. Strange Ones, are you ready for some action?"

Every Strange One in the audience cheered in response.

"To every human in this stadium and around the world, you are about to witness one of the Strange Ones' cherished traditions! So, sit tight. Now, let the games begin!"