Playing Detective

Betty flew over the town of Camena, riding Kumu like a surfboard. She couldn't deny that she was detecting a strange change of behavior in her peers and the suspicious looking intern that has been attempting to woo Bendy for quite some time. Knowing the grown heroes of Delta, inside and out of Strange Coliseum, they had better things to do like managing the team of four they are currently rooting for. She can even find that the Youth Members were caught up with watching the Strange Games and savoring every battle there was, no matter how intense and who won or lost. Luckily, she and Kumu knew the right person to talk of her observations: Qrow Branwen.

If she wanted to reach him, all she had to do was find him. But knowing a grizzled crow Morpher like Qrow, searching for him wasn't going to be a simple task. After all, he was all over the place in Camena, unless if it was night and he was spending his time his favorite night club dancing or drinking until he passed out.

Her first idea was his apartment, and if it weren't for Taiyang giving her his information, she wouldn't know which complex he lived in. It didn't take long to find his home, for it was right below her. After commanding Kumu to fly downward, she finally reached the apartment home until she was searching for his home number. She didn't stop until she was on the second floor where she found it: Apartment 553. Sliding off the top of Kumu's head, her feet hit the floor and her fist gave the door five hasty knocks.

She swore she heard the sound of grumbling from the inside, making her see it as a sign he was home. Betty and Kumu waited patiently until the door finally opened to reveal Qrow himself, who was already looking down at her with a baseball bat in hand.

"Qrow," Betty said with crossed arms. "We need to talk."

Though he raised an eyebrow at the little Construct, he allowed her and her companion to get inside. When she stepped into the apartment, she was met by a disappointing and unsettling environment. The house was a mess with stacks of unopened mail on the coffee table along with used and empty bowls. The rugs were left wrinkled near the door of the apartment's balcony. With that, all Betty could do was turn around to give Qrow a stoic expression as he closed the door and locked it.

"Seriously?" She gestured at the coffee table that stood in the living room.

"What?" Qrow said with a silly smirk. "Can't stand a little mess, pipsqueak?"

"Why are we friends again?"

In response, he chuckled. "Why don't you have a seat on the couch, small fry? I assume you have a lot on your mind."

Still giving him her current face, she made her way to the gray couch and sat in the middle of it, watching as Qrow walked up to a nearby living room chair that stood beside the unused fireplace to sit down as well. Betty unfolded her arms to remove her wig so her natural brown hair with pink gradients could fall free. After that, she watched as the forty-something-year-old man leaned the baseball bat beside the right arm of his chair.

"Don't tell me." Betty began. "Using that bat to scare away teenagers?"

"Yep." Qrow nodded.

"Ding dong ditch?"

"You read me like a book, pipsqueak."

"May I please get to the point about why I'm here?"

"Sure," Qrow nodded and shrugged. "What's your reason of coming here? Need my help again?"

"You guessed it, dusty bird." Betty nodded, and the man chuckled at the nickname.

"What seems to be the problem?" He asked, smirking as he raised an eyebrow.

"Well..." The Construct gulped as she began to explain. "I've been finding a change in behavior in all of my friends lately..."

"A change in behavior?" Qrow repeated.