Something Wrong

These thoughts... Bendy began to think as he slowly walked down one of the coliseum's hallways. The hallway he was in had a glass wall that gave him access to seeing the arena below him. Right now, the players of the Strange Games were on break, so the battlefield was left empty, even though there were people cleaning it for the next game. The seats were left full, and Bendy swore that he saw Asgore and Toriel having a word with Romeo, who was accompanied by Harumi.

These images in my head, He continued to think. Where are they all coming from? Is a part of me getting sick? Was I not sleeping well? What's gotten into me?

Suddenly, a gruesome image of a masked being with a spear in their hand appeared in his head. It caused Bendy to stop walking and hold on to the metal railing that blocked him from the window. With a hand on his head, he let out a sigh and leaned on the railing. He decided to have a moment of silence for himself. But the silence suddenly shattered when he heard quick footsteps behind him.

Raising an eyebrow, he turned around to find a familiar young girl in a blue hoodie and red scarf walk by. In only difference was that her head was covered by the hood of her jacket. At that moment, Bendy knew who it was: Frisk.

"Hey, Frisk?" Bendy said, and the girl suddenly stopped at her tracks. "Hey. You okay, kiddo?"

Frisk didn't reply. All she did was continue walking. With that, Bendy let out a huff before he decided to march up to her. Once he got closer, he grabbed her shoulder, getting a loud gasp from her. She swiftly turned around and swatted his hand, inadvertently removing the hood that covered her head. With a wince, Bendy rubbed his swatted head.

"You little... I was only trying to-" The demon-like teen stopped himself when she saw her face.

Frisk's cheeks were red and puffy and her eyes were bloodshot. There were droplets of tears trickling from her eyes and down to her chin. Her hair was messy and her fingers were twitching rapidly.

"Frisk," Bendy quietly said.

"I..." Frisk gulped. "I'm sorry..."

She was about to walk away, but she was stopped when Bendy grabbed her wrist tightly and hastily turned her face toward his.

"Nope! No, you don't!" He said. "I ain't setting you free until you tell me what's going on!"

"Bendy, please!" Frisk cried as she pulled on her arm for freedom. "I...I can't..." More visible tears were already fighting for a way out of the corners of her eyes.

Bendy suddenly flinched when the young girl in the blue jacket slipped out of his grasp and ran off as she wiped the tears away from her eyes. With that, all he could do was eye at her, his crimson gaze filled with suspicion and curiosity. After all, he began to detect a change in behavior within Frisk. She was usually the optimistic, bravehearted, loving no-regrets kind of person. But right now, she has changed drastically. This wasn't like her at all!

"Bendy?" A voice behind him caused him to let out a loud shriek that echoed throughout the entire hallway. When he turned around, he was greeted by the face of Boris.

"Boris," Bendy raised his voice, his hand on the left side of his chest where his heart was. "You gave me a freaking heart attack, man!"

"Sorry." The wolf said with nervousness in his tone, his ears pointing downwards. "I just wanted to check up on you. Ever since that battle with Team Austria, you have been acting weird lately."

"Could you at least say the same thing about Frisk?" The demon-like teen lowered his voice and his face became stoic.

"What about Frisk?" Boris asked, raised an eyebrow.

"Boris, think about it! I just encountered her minutes ago and I saw tears streaming down her eyes! There's something wrong with her, I just know it!"

"You see it too?" Another voice behind him asked, and once again, Bendy let out another shriek and turned around to find the disguised Betty standing behind him.

"Amber! You too?!" Bendy yelled again. "Is everyone I know trying to kill me or something?!"

"Why would I want to kill you?" Betty raised an eyebrow, her pink eyes concealed with the green tinted eye contacts becoming stoic.

"You just popped out of nowhere like a ghost!"

It's okay, Betty... The hidden Construct thought to herself. He's probably just confused at the moment... Then, she said, "Anyway, I heard you guys say something about Frisk. Correct?"

"Yeah." Bendy sighed, scratching his nape. "But, can you leave this to the big kids, Amber? It's something you may or may not understand."

"Actually," Betty wore a stoic glare. "I do understand."

"Wait, you know what I'm talking about?"

"I saw what you saw, Bendy." She crossed her arms. "Frisk is not herself and I can't help but feel concerned. Something is wrong with her, and I may have an idea why."

"What are you thinking?" Boris asked.

Betty let out a sigh. She was about to speak her mind to Delta's two new Youth Members. Even though they weren't aware of her true identity, she did trust Bendy and Boris. She had to tell them, and Kumu, who hung from her shoulder in her purse form, couldn't agree more.

"Can you guys keep a secret?" She looked at the non-blood related brothers again, who gave her nods. "There is this girl who came here today."

With that, Boris' ears perked up.

"None of us expected to see her. By us, I mean Frisk, Asriel, Kubo, Saoirse and me. I wasn't fond of her, but the others were. But, there was something wrong with her."

"Something wrong?" Bendy raised an eyebrow. "Amber, what do you mean?"

Gulping, Betty said, "That girl didn't remember anything. She couldn't remember her past or any of them. All she remembered was her name, which I won't use."

"What does all of this have to do with Frisk?" The wolf was becoming curious.

"She was becoming more absent with us, with everyone she knows. She was seen with her face pink, tears streaming down her eyes, she was becoming the opposite of herself; a reclusive child who refuses to say anything. She's not the optimistic face we all know and love. She's something different. Something negative. I don't know what's been on her mind lately, but she's changing. If I'm right, then she and that girl might have had a history together." Betty balled her right hand into a fist. "And I'm going to find out, even if it means prying the truth out of her."

"Dude..." Bendy said, his ruby eyes wide. "That was...wow..."

"Where is this energy of yours coming from?" Boris was baffled.

"If I had one guess, then it would be my concern for Frisk." She sighed before tucking a strand of her blue wig behind her ear.

"Is there anything we could do to help?"

"I appreciate your offer, I do. But, I'm going to have to reject that. I have to figure this out on my own."

Soon enough, Betty turned around and marched down the hallway before turning to her left to go through a door that could lead her down the stairs and into another white corridor. Bendy and Boris were left perplexed of her current behavior. The short teen even didn't focus on those thoughts that have been plaguing his mind for quite some time. If "Amber" was right, then there was something wrong with Frisk...