War Has Just Begun...

It took two days for Alex to take in the news about the truth within her family. It truly confused her because of the fact that she only thought she was human, even though she has a soul. Yet, she was also infuriated because her mother was keeping this secret from her and Michael. She didn't know what to believe anymore and she wondered how would Ren react if he were still in Camena. Because of the news, she was certain that she has fallen into an identity crisis.

Just today, the president of Strange Ones, Cranky Doodle, made a speech that was aired on the news not long ago. The speech was about the attack on Camena. Throughout, he showed his sympathy for those who were affected by the attack and Delta since they lost Asgore. He also added that he believed the Dark Ones were declaring war; it was going to be a battle for world domination. By the end of his speech, he showed his hope that Delta and their allies will be there to defend those who are helpless from the evil of the Dark Ones.

Right now, Alex was at Camena's cemetery, standing over Asgore's grave. With her was Frisk, Asriel, Saoirse, Kubo, Chara, and Romeo. A marble slab engraved with the goat Monster's name was planted in the ground and was surrounded with buttercups. She felt a tear go down her face as she stared at the flowers, for they were his favorite flower.

"This is all my fault," Romeo said as he sobbed. "I got Asgore Dreemurr killed. If only I wasn't a foolish coward, he would still be here."

"I can't believe Dad made a sacrifice by going to city hall to save the mayor." Says Frisk. "He would do anything for his family, but I didn't think he would do something like this..."

"True," Kubo replied. "But I'm not sure if I should call him a fool or a hero."

Meanwhile, Asriel kept staring at the grave as tears began to leak from his face. Then all of a sudden, he fell to his knees and broke down, sobbing as his tears landed on the grass. Noticing this, Saoirse knelt beside him and wrapped her arms around him. In response, Asriel hugged her back.

"It's okay," Saoirse whispered as she felt the goat boy's tears hit the shoulder of her coat. "Everything will be okay as long as we have each other."

Chara could only watch as Asriel cried on the seal Morpher's shoulder. As she did, guilt was displayed on her face, so she squeezed her eyes shut to fight back the tears. But then, she looked up at Alex, who was only paying attention to the gravestone.

"Alex," Chara said. "Are you okay?"

"When Cranky said his speech this morning," Alex finally spoke. "Toriel knew that he was right."

"What do you mean?" The young girl asked.

"The Dark Ones want to take over this world, but Delta will not allow that. War is literally among us."

"What are you going to do?" Chara asked.

Turning around to face her, Alex answered, "Yang and I will be traveling around the country. Now that Toriel is taking full control of Delta, she is sending both of us as sentries for the US. That means we have to leave town."

"How long will you be away?"

"Who knows?" She shrugged. "I'm willing to take that step for everyone. I might even find Ren on the way. Speaking of Ren, wherever he is, I hope he's okay."

"What about the others? Where will they be going?"

"Jonas and Blake are being sent off to China, Clarissa will go to Atlas' main base in London with Winter, Nona is going to another Atlas base in Siberia, and Michael will be in Mozambique with Ruby, Bendy, and Boris. We'll be separated from each other for a while."

"When are you going to leave?" Chara asked.

"I have to meet up with Yang in a few hours. She should be waiting for me in front of the Delta Base."

After those few hours have passed, it was time for Alex and her group to head to the Delta Base. A van that was driven by at Atlas soldier was there to collect them and bring them to her destination on time. By the time of her arrival, Yang was already waiting for her as she leaned on her motorcycle. The other Delta heroes were gathered at the stairs, with Toriel standing in front of them with Jonas, Clarissa, Michael, and Nona.

"So, I guess this is where we part ways..." Alex said, staring at the five in front of her. "What will you guys be doing when you leave the country?"

"I'm going to stay with Blake's parents in Beijing. Ghira is training a group of former delinquents to fight for peace over there. He wants me and Blake to assist him." Says Jonas.

"Winter is really urging me to be her squire. Fortunately, Weiss, Lloyd, and Pinkie are following me." Says Clarissa.

"I don't know what I'm going to do once I reach Siberia," Nona said. "But I know that their leader there is really strict. All I know is that I shouldn't get on her nerves while there."

"As for me," Michael said. "Ruby, Bendy, Boris and I will be searching for someone. An acquaintance of Delta, to be exact. I never really met her, but I know she's really self-centered."

"Okay," Alex said with a nod. "I don't know how long I'm going to be away, but just remember that we are doing this for the world. Delta will be more than just a team of heroes. Delta is like a family. We stick to each other and help each other get back on our feet when we are down. Even if we are going our separate ways, we will still hold on to each other for as long as we can. We stand up for those who are not strong enough to stand up for themselves."

In response, Jonas, Nona, Clarissa, and Michael nodded. Then, Toriel stepped up and said, "Very wise of you, Alex. It seems your experience with us has turned you into a strong and wise young woman. I'm proud of you, but you must be proud of yourself for it."

Alex gave her a grin and said, "Thank you, Toriel. I hope you can handle leading Delta without Asgore."

"I will do what I can." Says the goat Monster. "Now, go. The world is counting on people like you."

Replying with a nod, the blue-haired girl began to walk up to Yang, who watched as she approached her. Once Alex reached her, Ruby suddenly ran out of the crowd and went up to them. When the girls noticed her, the caped girl stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yang," Ruby said as she was catching her breath. "Promise me that you will come back in one piece."

"I promise," Yang replied with a nod before sitting down on the motorcycle's seat.

Alex sat behind the blonde girl and wrapped her arms around her waist. Soon enough, Yang warmed up her motorcycle and the girls have already driven off. The other heroes of Delta watched as it happened. As it happened, Blake approached Jonas and placed her head on his shoulder. Weiss, Lloyd, and Pinkie did the same thing to Clarissa as Michael, Bendy, and Boris approached Ruby. The caped girl felt their presence, but she didn't turn around to face them. For Nona, she sighed as Fluttershy approached her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Soon, Toriel led the other Delta heroes into the base. However, Qrow and Betty remained sitting on the stairs. Both were quiet until the crow Morpher turned to the pink girl and began to speak.

"So, I've been thinking of traveling lately and I wanted to bring you along. Where do you want to go? Havana? Maui? Kyoto?"

Betty thought about it for a moment without looking up at him. But then, an idea sparked in her head. Finally looking at him with a smirk on her face, she said, "I want to see you lose all your money at a casino."

"Las Vegas, it is." Qrow nodded, standing up from the stairs and outstretching his hand to her. "Let's get going, pipsqueak."

Grabbing his hand, Betty stood up from the stairs and the two began to walk down to start their adventure. Yet, they knew that they have to be careful now that war has just begun...