Save

Alex held on to Yang's waist tightly as the blonde girl drove her motorcycle down the street. As she did, the girls passed several cars that swerved from side to side when the hysterical drivers noticed them. The blue-haired girl was certain that Yang was breaking the speed limit, but the police did nothing pull them over. The officers were preoccupied with assisting other Delta heroes with bringing innocent citizens to the nearest safe haven. The sight of the frightful humans and Strange Ones being taken to safety brought dread and relief to the girls, but they couldn't focus on them and congratulate the other heroes for their efforts. Their primary priority right now was heading to the city hall before Asgore does.

Alex jumped in her seat when Yang took a sharp left, causing another car to stop as its tires skidded on the road. She gasped when it happened. Due to that, her shoulders became tense and she held on to the other girl's coat with tight fists.

"Yang! You almost made me fall off my seat!" She shouted, agitated.

"Sorry!" Yang replied. Then, she asked, "How much longer until we get to the city hall?"

With pursed lips, Alex reached for her phone and pulled it from her jacket pocket. Upon turning the screen on, she was greeted by a map with two dots halfway reaching their destination. "Halfway there!"

"Good enough!" With that, the blonde Lifter drove faster down the street.

Throughout the entire drive, Alex and Yang went past obstacles like clusters of crashed cars and Grimm that attempted to stand in their way. The girl managed to persevere by slaying any monster that approached them, riding on ramps and hopping onto the walls of any nearby building with the motorcycle. It was a night that anyone would call hectic but for Alex and Yang, it was a war zone.

~~~~~

Without stopping, Petra was running up the stairs that finally brought her to the third floor. Going up a trio of flights brought her plenty of exhaustion, but it was worth it in her perspective. Nothing was going to stop her from helping Qrow face the shadowy man called Nox. She didn't know who he was nor did he meet him, but from how he was described, she knew that he had to be stopped.

Before she could continue running, the sound of her phone ringing caught her attention. Raising an eyebrow, she reached for her pants pocket to grab her device. Upon seeing her screen, she groaned when Jesse's face was displayed. Shaking her head, she rejected the call and stored her phone back into her pocket. Then, she started running again.

As Petra's eyes were searching through the hallway, the sound of grunting and colliding weapons were becoming audible. When she made a sharp left, she was greeted by the sight of Qrow and Nox clashing swords with one another. She initially watched as the crow Morpher dodged a swing of an ax with one backflip. Then, his blade opened to reveal two small barrels that fired bullets of energy at the masked being. Nox evaded every one that was fired at him before he suddenly noticed Petra in the back.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in," Nox said, making a gesture at the flame-haired woman.

Raising an eyebrow, Qrow turned around and gasped when he found Petra standing behind him. "Petra, what are you doing here?" He asked.

The Warrior was too dog-tired to answer his question, but she could only give Nox a sneer. Opening the palm of her hand, a spear appeared in her right and she aimed it at the masked being in black. Then, she threw it at Nox, who suddenly disappeared when it neared his face. Petra hummed in confusion and before she could have the chance to turn around, a sharp kick behind her sent her breaking through a pane of glass. Yet, she prevented herself from falling when both her hands grabbed on to the window frame.