Suspicion Rising

As Frisk walked down the hallway in silence, she wiped any stream of tears that were drying up on her face. She let out a sniffle and was slightly shaking. All of the sudden, she felt something move in her jacket. When she looked down, she saw a familiar red doll of yarn his head from the inner pocket of her pocket. The crimson doll looked up at her with a look of concern in its white eyes.

"I'm sorry if I worried you, Yarny." Frisk quietly said before taking her yarn companion out of her jacket. "I just had a lot on my mind lately, that's all..."

Yarny gave her a stoic expression before rolling his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" She scolded. "I promise you, I'm going to be fine!"

That was when her friend of a yarn doll gave her a look as if to say, "Liar..." With that, she let out a groan before leaning on one of the walls of the hallway she was in.

"Okay, fine. You win." Frisk gave him a glare. "You best be proud of yourself, Yarny Dreemurr, because I'm completely falling apart in just one day!" Quickly, she caught her shout. "I'm so sorry... It's not common for me to lose my temper..."

With a sigh, she slid down the wall until she was sitting on the floor before burying her face into her arms. Yarny swung from her grasp until he was standing on the top of her head. Then, he sat down and gently patted her brown hair.

"It's my fault." Frisk said, her voice being muffled by her arm. "Chara doesn't remember anything and I unwittingly took her memories by breaking that cursed knife."

Her yarn companion looked down at her, once again giving her a sad look.

"I can't keep this up forever, I know..." She took her face away from her arms and looked up at the doll. "I have to tell them eventually and maybe Chara will know the truth. But, I don't know... She'll probably hate me for it."

Yarny raised an eyebrow at her.

"You know who I'm talking about, right?" Frisk got a nod from him. "Good. I was thinking that you didn't understand a word I said."

Giving her a stoic glare, he grabbed a strand of her hair and yanked on it roughly. With that, she let out a yelp of pain and she took him off her head.

"Hey, knock it off!" She chuckled. "I can yank on my own hair!"

Though he didn't show it, Yarny smiled as if he were to say, "There's the Frisk Dreemurr I know and love! I was wondering where she went."

"I know what you're thinking, dude." Frisk said with a small grin. "Good ol' Frisk Dreemurr just wasn't in the zone like she always was. You might be wondering if I was curled up in the corner crying like a little toddler."

The red doll gave her a nod, and she chuckled again.

"Yarny, you little rascal." She pushed herself back to her feet. "We should probably head back to the others." Suddenly, she frowned again. "But, how and I going to tell Chara everything without breaking down?"

Yarny gave her a gesture as if to say, "Just give yourself some time, dude. You need some rest."

"I suppose you're right." Frisk said, rubbing her eye with her left hand. "I need to recharge after all of that crying." Looking around the silent hallway, she said, "I should probably wash my face first, then let's get back to the others."

After putting her yarn doll companion back into her inner jacket pocket, the young Mimic trudged down the hallway again until she stopped at a nearby bathroom to wash her face. The feeling of the cold water splashing onto her face managed to cool down its warmth and ease the tension she felt in her chest and her soul. With a sigh, she turned the running water off and grabbed a handful of tissues to dry her hands and then her face. Once she threw the now-damp paper towels into the bathroom's trash bin, she walked out the bathroom. But when she turned to her right, she was startled by a familiar pale face with dark hair dressed in a purple coat and orange dress with brown leggings and boots.