Chara's Awakening

Alphys nervously paced back and forth in front of the Secret Room, waiting for Asgore or one or more of her allies to come to the Delta Base. She couldn't even believe that after five months, someone like Chara would finally wake up from her coma. With her was Winter and the one-eyed fish-like Monster Undyne, both of them watching as the lizard walked back and forth. Alphys had already told the other people remaining in the base that their current subject has awoken after so long. For Winter, she just had to be a part of it.

"Alphys," Winter began. "Don't you think that you are overreacting just a little bit?"

"Oh, come on, Schnee." Undyne rolled her eyes. "Cut the girl some slack. Besides, none of us expected that this would happen out of the blue. She's already contacted Asgore about it."

In response, Winter just shook her head at the fish and looked at the yellow lizard again. "Alphys, just calm down. Someone will be here soon."

"How can I calm down?!" Alphys explained, stopping her pacing to look at the specialist from Atlas. "This is so all of the sudden! I don't know what to do, Winter! What should I do?!"

"Alphys!" A voice called across the hallways.

When Alphys, Undyne and Winter turned their heads, they could see Alex, Jonas, Ren, Clarissa, Nona and Michael running to them through the hallway. Meanwhile, the lizard in a lab coat sighed in relief, knowing that Asgore sent only a few to the Delta Base after her report.

"Oh, thank goodness you are here!" Alphys exclaimed.

"Alphys, what happened?" Nona asked.

"Did someone hack into Zane's mainframe again?!" Ren said.

"Okay, why is everyone Youth Member here assuming that some guy hacked into Zane?" Clarissa rolled her eyes and massaged the bridge of her nose.

"Uh, well..." Alphys let out a wince. "You guys might want to look for yourselves..."

The six young humans looked at the lizard with raised eyebrows. Then, they noticed her gesture at the Secret Room. The humans slowly approached the door and Alex grabbed the doorknob and twisted it until it was fully opened. When they carefully walked in, they all could see Jesse, Jane, Lukas, Zane and Pixal surrounding the bed holding Chara, who was rubbing her right eye with her hand. The group began to approach and Alphys watched them nervously in the meantime. When Chara stopped rubbing her eyes, she looked up and let out a gasp when she saw the humans.

"Uh, Chara?" Alex said. "Are you okay?"

"W-What's going on?" The girl's voice was full of fear and confusion. "Where am I? Who are you people?!"

Everyone in the room was stunned. How come Chara didn't recognize any of the people she had fought against before?

"You..." Clarissa said. "You don't remember possessing me?"

"You don't remember successfully kidnapping me and Clarissa?" Alex said.

"You don't remember almost killing me?" Jonas said.

"Or do you just don't remember anything at all?" Ren asked with a shrug.

"No..." Chara shook her head. "Everything is...blank. I don't know you people. I don't remember anything. Not even myself."

Meanwhile, Jesse shook his head and sighed. "Just as I thought. It had to be amnesia."

"Who would've thought that a kid like this one could lose herself after months of sleeping?" Lukas was confused.

"Lukas," Jane gave her husband a stoic look. "It is very easy to get amnesia. Anyone can get it."

"Young one," Zane said, getting Chara's attention. "Do you at least know something about yourself?"