Separation

Jonas and Blake didn't know how it happened. Just a while ago, they were both separated from Winter, Ren, Nona, Clarissa, and Michael. How did it happen, you asked? Well, a big chunk of debris fell from the ceiling, about to crush all seven of them. Before it could happen, Winter summoned one of her glyphs and everyone fell into it. However, everyone was separated in the process. Right now, Jonas was with Blake on the third floor of the coliseum.

Both of them were running as they called the names of their peers. So far, they got no response from any of them. But with Grimm running wild in the streets of Camena, the whereabouts of their friends completely anonymous, and Nox somewhere in the building wreaking havoc, the two were sure that so much weight was plopped onto their shoulders. They only have each other for the moment.

Soon, the two stopped running when Jonas tripped over on a fallen pipe. Gasping, an apprehensive Blake ran to his aid. Once she reached him, the Faunus grabbed him by the torso and lifted him until he was on one knee.

"Are you okay?" She asked as her ears twitched nervously.

"I'm fine. I just tripped is all. It's no big deal." Jonas said, chuckling.

In response, Blake furrowed her eyebrows at him and pursed her lips together. Also, her shoulder became tense. Confused, Jonas uttered a, "What?" Then, the unexpected happened. The cat Faunus grabbed him by the jacket before smashing her lips onto his. Jonas flinched as he felt the texture of her lips. They were soft and...fruity? He couldn't tell if he was tasting grape or raspberry, but he didn't care. He melted into the kiss, placing his hands on her shoulders until they both pulled away.

"Did you really have to kiss me at a time like this?" Jonas asked with a stoic expression. "Not that I hated it, but isn't this a bad time to do that?"

Blake rolled her eyes before they both stood up on their feet again. Before they could continue running, a familiar voice filled the hallway.

"What a touching moment, I'd give you that."

They the duo looked up, Jonas and Blake's eyes widen at the sight of Adam Taurus marching down the hallway as he approached him. Instinctively, the cat-eared girl yanked her weapon from her back and shot two energy bullets at him. But he managed to evade them by unsheathing his sword halfway. Once the bullet struck them, the crimson blade emitted a faint red light.

"I must say, I'm envious," Adam continued. "But what's the point? She wasn't my type anyway."

The two hastily shuffled to their feet and began to dash down the opposite direction of the hallway. Behind them, Adam pursued them with his hand on the hilt of his sword. Upon reaching another hallway, Jonas and Blake took a sharp right. Their pursuer stopped at where they turned before he looked up at a rectangular hanging light. Preparing to unsheath his sword, the highlights in his hair flashed red. Then, he yanked his sword from his sheath and a blood red arc went fly to the wires of the hanging light. The arc snapped the wires, making it fall until it plummeted to the floor in front of Jonas and Blake.

"What?" Jonas said as he regained his breath.

"How dare you run from me?!" Adam growled, getting their attention. "You have no right to flee!"

The boy gasped when he heard those words. He's right. I can't escape this building like this... With that in mind, Jonas reached for his blaster and pointed it at the bull Faunus. "Drop your weapon!" He shouted.

"Why should I? I don't take orders from weak humans like you." Adam replied with a scoff. "Unless you're just trying to scare me away so she wouldn't die trying to protect you."

Jonas quietly growled in response as his left hand became a fist. Adam's demeanor was beginning to get on his nerves, giving him the impulse to strike without a second thought. Yet, he knew what he meant. Jonas was an ordinary human with no powers. Contrary to this, Blake was a cat Faunus with a shadow clone ability. With that in mind, he struggled to hold his emotions back. That is until he felt something take his hand. With a hum of confusion, he turned to his left to find Blake being the one with his hand on her own.