Unexpected Mystery

May 7, 1998

I have been busy lately. Young Petra was beginning to learn the ways of Delta, and I have been involved in her training. Of course, she was too young to learn the attributes of physical combat, for her body is much too small and frail to go through that process. I had to educate the little one first. Much to my surprise, she was quick in learning for someone at the age of five. Yet, I was blessed with a student like Petra. Stubborn, but loyal. Though she was scared, she rarely showed it and did the task the way I told her. Perhaps, I can tell my methods in teaching this child another day...

Alex was stunned by the journal entry she read. It was short, but it did have emotion just like all of the other entries she scrutinized. But then, her attention was torn away from the journal when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to her right, finding Jonas giving her a stoic expression as he sat beside her on the bench. Twilight and Blake sat on the other side.

"I don't understand." Twilight said, getting gazes from the other three. "The Strange Games are supposed to be an event for Strange Ones to celebrate our lives. Today was supposed to be a good day, but with everyone we know changing drastically and people getting attacked by someone called Nox? I don't think we are going to have a good day today. Why did this have to happen?"

"We don't know, Twi." Alex replied with crossed arms. "The others are trying to keep Chara away from Atlas. I'm not sure how they are doing at the moment."

"And then, there's us." Jonas chimed in. "Trying to unravel the mystery of Mr. Nox."

"But, who even is Nox?" Blake asked.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "All we know is that he's the bad guy, and Delta always fights bad guys."

"But Jesse said Delta is not needed." Alex said, looking at her stepbrother.

"Not yet. You're right about that, Alex." Jonas nodded in agreement. "But, what if something bad happened during the Strange Games? What if Nox tries to assassinate one of Team USA? If not any of them, what about Asgore? He's the leader of Delta and Nox might try and attack someone like him."

"What are you trying to put down?" Twilight asked, adjusting her glasses.

"What I'm trying to put down is that Delta needs to be there to protect Asgore. Just because he's the leader of Delta doesn't mean he always has to protect himself."

"Voice of reason. Well played, Jonas." Alex grinned at her stepbrother.

"Thank you." Jonas replied, looking back at her. "At least someone gets it."

"I get what you're trying to say, Jonas. I do." Blake nodded, her left cat ear twitching. "But what if Nox attacks all of us before attacking Asgore? He might be the type to aim for the lackeys first and the big boss last."

"Oh, that's a question I can answer for Jonas." The blue-haired girl said. "We sent a picture of that note that Atlas soldier gave us to all of our friends and they should be keeping a vigilant eye on the people around them by now."

"But what about the kids?" Twilight asked nervously, standing up from the bench. "We don't know what kind of trouble they will get themselves into and-"

"Don't even worry about those little rascals, Twi." Alex chuckled before she stood up as well. "They may be young, but at least they know how to defend themselves."

"Still! They're just children!"

"They turned thirteen two to three months ago." Jonas interjected. "They'll be teenagers a year after."

"I know that! But-"

"B-b-b-b-bah!" Alex placed a finger over Twilight's lips. "The kids will be fine. End of story."