On Our Way

Rainbow's feet skidded to a halt as soon as she found herself in the middle of the streets of Camena. Her magenta eyes widen at the sight of the innocent civilians being pursued by a tremendous amount of Grimm. A majority of them were on the ground while there were a few visible in the air. For once, she was horrified. Someone had to do something about this and the other Delta heroes' whereabouts were unknown.

Before she could run any further, the rainbow-haired Speedster heard the sound of a woman crying for help. She looked around for the source until she spotted a woman banging on the door of a silver car. With a gasp, Rainbow's instinct was to run to her aid. As soon as she reached her, she managed to get the woman's attention.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" She asked.

"Am I okay?!" The woman retorted before pointing through the car window. "My daughter is in the car!"

Rainbow turned to what the woman was pointing at. Inside the passenger's side of the car was a little girl, presumably six. The child was fast asleep, so it was evident that she was oblivious of what was going on. Pursing her lips together, Rainbow nodded to herself before grabbing the handle of the door. At first, she struggled to pry the door open, but she refused to give up.

The woman could only watch as the girl attempted to use her strength to yank the door open. Then all of a sudden, a shadow loomed over the two. When the human turned around, she screamed at the sight of a Beowolf about to lunge at her. Meanwhile, Rainbow noticed the wolf and was about to fight it when a familiar figure jumped in the way and beheaded the beast using her sword.

Rainbow sighed with relief as soon as she recognized that red hair. It was only Pyrrha, who turned to the car and lifted her hand at the door. Knowing what she was going to do, the other girl stepped back so Pyrrha can use her polarity to break the door off the car. Once she threw it aside, the woman hastily scooped her sleeping daughter into her arms.

"Thank you." The woman said before running off to safety.

"It's about time you showed," Rainbow said, looking at the redhead. "Where are the others?"

"They are on their way," Pyrrha replied. "Jaune was with me, but we were separated when the Grimm showed up."

"Where is he now?" She asked.

"Beats me..." The redhead said with a shrug. "But he will find his way around once the other Delta members come."

With a smirk, Rainbow nodded. Then all of a sudden, Pyrrha heard a shrill scream coming from her earpiece.

"Pyrrha! We have a serious problem!" It was Sunset Shimmer.

"What's going on?" The redhead asked, concerned.

"Two intruders have broken into the jailhouse! Olivia is suspecting that they are Torchwick and Neo!" Sunset answered.

"Do you want me and Rainbow to go after them?"

"Nya and Jay are already on it! I just thought I'd let you know. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it! We need to make sure that everyone is okay!"

"When will the others come by?" Rainbow chimed in. "We have a serious Grimm problem and the coliseum is being raided by some shadowy madman!"

"Don't worry, Rainbow. We'll be coming around as soon as possible. Just wait for us, okay?"

"Well, you better hurry! We can't do multiple things at once, you know!"

"Copy that." With that, Sunset hung up.

After that, Rainbow turned her gaze to Pyrrha and said, "Come on. Let's slay some beasts while the others are on their way."

The red-haired metal Elemental nodded, obliging before the two ran off to begin their monster killing spree.

~~~~~

The Delta Base was bustling with heroes that are preparing for the biggest battle in their lives. However, most of them were frantic, but no one could blame them. After all, Camena is undergoing an unplanned invasion of Grimm that are likely to cause destruction and death everywhere. Armies of vans drove out of the base one by one with perpetual motion.

Inside one of the vans, Lukas, Jane, Garnet, Pearl, Undyne, and Alphys were dead silent. Each of them showed signs of anxiety, which was unnatural for the fish Monster. Usually, she wasn't so riled up with any emotions of fear. Right now could be the first time she felt what she was feeling right now. Undyne even attempted to relieve this current feeling of hers by taking deep breaths. Yet, the feelings remained. That is until she felt a hand grab her by the shoulder. She turned her head to the right and grinned slightly, for the hand was only Alphys'.

Meanwhile, Lukas groaned and massaged the temples of his head using his fingers.

"Lukas," Jane said as soon as she heard the groan. "Are you okay?"

"No," He admitted. "We need to stop this invasion. The only problem with this is that we don't have a plan, Asgore and Toriel aren't responding to our calls, and the Strange Games were supposed to be an event of celebrating our honor and existence."

"Nobody expected this to happen, I know," Garnet replied with a nod. "When was the last time we had an attack like this?"

"When we were still on that island, of course," Pearl said, grinning. "Before those humans arrived, all we did was step out of the shadows when danger is afoot. No one knew of Delta's existence until Strange City was attacked by the Dark Ones. Thanks to Alex and her friends, we no longer have to hide in the dark and step out when danger is around."

"To think that we got more sponsors than just the Schnee Dust Company themselves," Undyne said with a chuckle.

"Not to mention Atlas as well," Alphys added. "And look at us now. We have more recognition and prestige, something we never knew we needed."

"Yeah," Jane replied before she frowned.

"Jane," Lukas placed a hand on his wife's shoulder. "Jesse will be fine. You know him too well. He knows how to take care of himself."

"I know that, but what about Petra?"

"She's stronger than she looks and you know that. Those two will be okay. After all, Jesse and Petra have each other."

Relieved, Jane nodded before turning to Alphys and asking, "Alphys, can you locate the other heroes?"

Nodding, the reptilian scientist opened her laptop and began to type on it. Once she was finished, she was greeted by a map of Camena. Red dots were scatted across the map, some of them even moving while some of them were in the center. That center happens to be Strange Coliseum.

"According to what I found on the map, some of our friends have arrived at the town," Alphys said. "I can't say who's who at the moment, but some of them are in the coliseum right now. However, two of our allies are in the hospital."

"Wait a second," Pearl interjected. "Kai and Skylor just had their baby a couple of days ago and they won't be leaving for another two! They're still over there!"

"Well, what are you expecting us to do, split up?" Undyne asked.

Before the Gem could answer, the van already stopped. With that, the six already knew that they arrived at their destination. Standing from her seat, Undyne marched up to the doors. Grabbing the handles, she took in a deep breath before slowly opening the doors. What they were going to find once they stepped out was just as they expected. As soon as they hopped out of the back of the van, this six split up in pairs: Undyne with Alphys, Jane with Lukas, and Pearl with Garnet. With the other pairs gone, the fish and the lizard began to sprint to the coliseum.