Battle Scars

"You know," Adam said as he looked at Blake. "I knew you were a spy when you joined the White Fang. At the time, I didn't want to report you because I wanted to know what you were capable of." He gave out a chuckle. "You were stronger than I thought and even smart. I wanted to get to know you personally, but it seems I lost my chance to a human."

"So, you met Blake before I did and you wanted her, but I was the one to claim her," Jonas replied, getting his attention. "Actually, now that I think about it, she was the one who claimed me."

"And so I noticed. Was I not good enough for you, Blake, or was he successful in winning your heart?"

"It is much more than that," Blake growled, giving her sword a tight grip.

Adam examined both of them carefully before his gaze looked down at their hands. Jonas and Blake were holding on to each other tightly, trying their best not to let go. He sneered and it made him wonder if this expression was out of envy or anger. But right now, he didn't want to focus on that. His sword was firmly clenched in his hand as he stared at his opponents one by one.

"I see..." Adam finally said after a moment of silence. "You have made your choice, him over me. Since you two proved your loyalties to each other, you could give me a reason why I shoulder leave you alone."

Jonas and Blake didn't give out a single reply. All they could do was scowl at the bull Faunus before letting go of each other's hands. Then, they readied their weapons for a fight.

"Alright, Blake," The other Faunus said, unsheathing his sword. "Let's see if your human can stand a chance against me."

Soon, the atmosphere around the three fell quiet and eerie. But then, the brief moment of silence ended when Adam charged at the two with his sword ready. Jonas responded by firing bullets of energy at him, but the bull Faunus deflected each one as he neared them. As soon as he was close, the boy fell still as his focus was on the blood red blade that was blocked when Blake jumped in the way to clash swords with him. The cat Faunus pushed him back, sending him rolling on the floor until he stopped by stabbing it with his sword.

Jonas and Blake looked at each other and nodded before the human boy gave his blaster a flick, turning it into its silver sword form. Once Adam was standing on his feet again, the two lunged at their opponent, who repeated their action. Adam started off by clashing swords with Jonas, who blocked every attempted slice and dodged every stab he tried to do. Behind him, Blake fired at the bull Faunus once. The bright bullet only left a shallow scar on his left cheek, but it was enough to get his attention.

Sneering once again, Adam's sword shone a bright red color along with the highlights in his hair. Then, he slashed the ground and a bright red trail of energy rushed to Blake, who froze as her amber eyes widen. She closed her eyes and blocked her face using both her arms, but before the red energy was able to strike her, she suddenly disappeared from Jonas and Adam's sight. Due to this, the red light created a hole in the wall at the end of the hallway.

"Blake?" Jonas called, his greenish-brown eyes searched for the girl.

He was suddenly taken aback when Adam looked back at him before lunging at him. As he approached him, he was about to give Jonas another attempted stab. But this time, he was aiming for the head. Yet, Jonas was quick enough to move his head to the left, evading the red blade that gave him a bloody but non-fatal scar on his right shoulder when Adam pulled back. Dropping his weapon, he fell to his knees and placed his left hand on the scar that was beginning to stain his jacket. As his scar began to sting, he looked up at the bull Faunus and gave him a scowl.

"Just as I predicted," Adam said as he dragged the tip of his sword on the floor. "You're frail and foolish just like every other human on this planet."