Search and Rescue

Alex and the rest of her group watched as every patron inside the coliseum scurried their way down a nearby exit like frightened mice. She couldn't believe what was happening in front of her eyes. A night of uncertainty and suspicion transitioned to a night of terror and everyone was a witness. She couldn't stand by and watch everyone get hurt by the invasion one by one. They had to find Nox and Harumi fast, but how?

She was deep in thought, thinking about the aftermath of the chaos if their suspected enemy would succeed in vanquishing Delta forever. There could be a rising rate of death and destruction around the world. The humans would be nothing but slaves to the Dark Ones. Worst of all, Stranges Ones would begin a civil war, the good ones fighting for humanity's freedom and independence while the shadows of evil fighting to take over the world. They couldn't let that happen. The heroes of Delta couldn't let their downfall happen and they wouldn't.

Behind her, the others were discussing a plan in a panicky state, and Alex was the only one who wasn't paying attention. Their words were inaudible, for the loud sounds of the dreadful screams of the innocent were suppressing it. However, she could hear their raised voices. Then, her thoughts turned to Nox. Later, they turned to her peers at Delta. Finally, they turned to someone who she didn't consider for a long time. Yang.

How could I forget about her?! She thought before she began to sprint away from the others, who later noticed her move.

"Alex! Where are you going?!" Clarissa shouted, but the blue-haired girl didn't hear her and she already disappeared into the sea of terrified humans and Strange Ones.

"Alex!" Jonas attempted to follow her until Blake stopped him by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"We can't follow her!" Blake said. "We still need to get everyone out of this building!"

"But what about that Nox guy?" Ren interjected. "We still need to find him!"

"We can think about him another time!" Winter replied. "Right now, we need to call our forces and get everyone out of here!"

Four of the five humans nodded without question. For Jonas, he was still focused on the direction Alex went. He began to wonder what was on his stepsister's mind and why did she run into the crowd of panicking humans and Strange Ones. He was tempted to follow her, but their top priority was now making sure of the safety of the citizens of Camena. After all, the inevitable was about to happen one way or another.

"Jonas, are you okay?" Nona asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"No," He admitted. "But I can't talk about it now. I'll just be dragging you guys down with me if I did. Let's call Atlas and Delta over here. They will know what to do."

~~~~~

With the silver wristband on her left wrist, Alex was trying to track down Yang. She just survived almost getting run over by panic-stricken patrons. Now, she was running down an empty hallway of Strange Coliseum, following the trail on the hologram displayed from her wristband. According to its hologram, it said that her blonde friend was on the third floor of Strange Coliseum.

As she ran, she mentally scolded herself for neglecting the thought of Yang for a long time. How could she forget about one of her closest friends? She guessed it was because of Yang wanting to process the message alone and Alex and her friends trying to decipher Nox. She knocked herself in the forehead five times until she finally reached the flight of stairs.

She stomped on the stairs, climbing them with haste. She didn't care if she was getting exhausted from running. The girl only wanted to find her friend before something bad happens to her. After climbing three flights of stairs, she reached the third floor and stopped to catch her breath. Then, she turned back to her wristband. Alex sighed with relief, for she was getting closer, but in the corner of the hologram was the classic red and white hazard symbol. Yet, she ignored it and continued running once she decided that she rested long enough.