This Chapter Is Going To Make You SO Mad

I slouched over the counter of the up club bar, waiting for Jamie to clean up so that we could leave.

"So how was your first night back?" He asked tentatively, sliding a bottle smoothly onto the shelf behind him. I liked the way he swayed his hips so confidently when at work. Totally different from his meek persona out of the club, it was interesting.

"Good, some guy, gave me a business card for a warlock lady," I shrugged and felt the weight of the card in my pocket.

"I never trust weird stuff customers give me," Jamie muttered, his eyebrows drawing together as he untied the apron around his waist. "They're usually drunk."

"Neither do I, but he was actually sober at the time, so I might look her up." I shrugged, he seemed to be having issues with the knot so I leaned over the bar and tugged it. The string came free and he looked down at me with a startled look in his blue eyes. I could feel hunger swelling in my chest.

Cassius had really spoiled me.

-

Music pounded faintly from the club as we walked to Jamie's car. He was back, the normal Jamie. Shoulders slumped over, arms wrapped tightly around his abdomen.

We reached his small, beaten up car, a gift from his deceased father, and hopped inside. Jamie at the driver's seat, and me beside him. My eyes trailed through the trees and houses that whizzed by my window. I found myself watching Jamie as he focused on the road before him. Knuckles white from his tight grip on the wheel. Eyes sloped with drowsiness. I noticed a small white scar that ran through his right eyebrow.

He was so adorable.

-

The lock to his apartment clicked and we stumbled inside. It had that cold stale smell that was so familiar and strange to me. Jamie slipped away to his room as fast as possible, avoiding me I assumed. He was flustered.

Respecting his wishes, I plopped down on the couch and kicked off my shoes. My body soon found rest as my eyelids slid shut and I slipped into a gentle sleep.

-

The living room was dark, lit by only the moon shining in through the window. What had woken me?

I closed my eyes and a quiet whimper reached my ears. I sat up, confused. My feet padded quietly as I crept toward Jamie's closed door. It was definitely coming from his room, I sucked in a sharp breath and twisted the knob. Unlike the living room, it was completely bathed in darkness, but I could see an undefined shape curled up on the bed.

"Jamie?" I whispered, thoroughly worried about him, a strangled sob was my only reply. I stood over the bed, hand on his back. His knees were pulled up under his chin and his face was buried in his hands. Gently, I pulled his hands away and cupped his cheeks, wet with tears. It was terrible to see him like this. Jamie placed his shaky palms on my own and looked up at me. I sat on the edge of the bed, it sank beneath my weight.

"Allie?" It was weak and hoarse, I nodded and stroked his hair gently. We remained this way for a few moments, wet tears rolling down his cheeks. Quiet whimpers escaped his lips.

Then Jamie began to pull my hand from his face, leading it to his bare arm. I was confused at first until I felt little abrasions on his skin. The pads of my fingers ran up and down his arm. They were all over him. Two. Two at a time, each one. I gasped with horrifying realization. Bite marks. He was fucking covered in bite marks.