Zisael's Not A Bad Person You Pixie Dicks

I jolted up and clapped my hands over my mouth. Cassius' tail was still wrapped around my thigh, restraining me from standing. Vomit rose up in my throat and I pat the prince on his chest repeatedly. His eyes blinked open and looked at me in alarm.

"Alabaster? What's wrong?" He sat up and placed a hand on my shoulder, I tried to claw his tail off.

Bathroom.

I need to go to the fucking bathroom.

"Ugh, I think I'm gonna hurl," I whimpered, a cold sweat formed down my back. Cassius picked me up and jogged to the restroom, setting me down on the cool tile floor. I immediately barfed into the bowl. Ew, throwing up is the single worst feeling ever.

The prince clasped my hand in his and waited until I was finished. With one last heave, I slumped against him and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Are you okay?" Cassius murmured and pecked my forehead.

"Not really," I groaned and pressed closer to him, "that was awful."

"Do you think it was the food?" He asked, my stomach dropped, no, I didn't think it was the food.

"I don't know maybe. I might just be sick," I lied and closed my eyes. Vomiting really does wear you out.

"Let's get you back to bed," he murmured and lifted me up again. I held on and panted for breath, my skull was pounding.

"Ngh, my head," I groaned as Cassius laid me down and pulled the comforter over me.

"Do you want some painkillers?"

"No, that's fine I'll just go back to sleep," I muttered as he climbed in beside me.

"Are you sure?" He mumbled and cupped my cheek, my eyes fluttered closed.

"Yeah, I'm all right," I replied and pressed against him, curling me tail around his arm. He returned the favor eagerly.

"Okay, but if it's not any better in the morning," he added and pulled his arm around my waist. "I'm not going to work."

"No, Cassius, I'm completely fine," I reassured him and looked into his grey eyes, "it-it's probably just a cold,"

"You threw up, I don't think it's just a cold," he dead panned, my face blanched in worry and I pressed my face into his chest.

"It's okay, I promise, I'll be fine," I responded and placed my palms on his chest. Cassius frowned and ran his fingers down my spine.

"Alabaster I don't want it to get worse," he sighed and looked at me with worry.

But he doesn't understand.

It's going to get worse.

And worse.

And worse.

"Just- stop! It won't!" I backfired, "I'm okay!" I pushed at his chest and slid to the other side of the bed. "I'm... I'm okay."

We sat there for a moment. Cassius looked betrayed, hurt. I knew he just wanted to help. But I could barely look at him.

"Fine, you can do what you want, I don't care," he scoffed and turned his back to me. I sat up and swallowed down tears, his quiet breathing was all I could hear.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, Cassius.

But it's better this way.

I pulled the covers away and placed my feet on the ground. It would be better if we spent the rest of the night apart. My bottom lip quivered as I crept into the closet and pulled on a hoodie and sweatpants. And then left. I walked out of our room and down the hallway. There had to be a guest bedroom somewhere.