[M] Alabaster Wants To Climb A Bush

In the past few days, I'd been getting more accustomed to Lux's sleeping routine. More often I woke up to find him gone or already awake. He typically left me little notes if he left, it was kind of sweet actually.

Although today, I found him sitting beside me on his laptop. He looked... tired. Which was weird for a vampire.

"Lux?" I croaked and he turned his gaze to me for a moment. The vampire shut the lid of the computer and set it to the side.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as I stretched my arms above my head.

"Better," I yawned and rubbed my eyes, Lux brushed my hair away from my face. It was getting kinda long. "What are you doing?"

"Research," he replied simply as I sat up and let the blanket fall off my shoulders.

"Oh, what about?" I slurred, my head was still kind of foggy and I felt exhausted.

"Relevant subjects," Lux answered and I knew he wasn't going to divulge. I yawned again and slumped my body against his.

"Cool," I muttered and inhaled deeply.

"Would you like to go outside today?" He asked and looked at me, I perked up instantly.

"Really? I get to leave the room?" I exclaimed with a smile on my face. This could give me a chance to scope out the estate, and possibly escape.

"Mmhm, I can show you around," the vampire assured me. But if he was with me the whole time, then it might put a little damper on my plans for liberation.

"Thank you!" I yelped anyways and kissed his cheek. The corner of his lips twitched and he almost smiled. "But don't you want to sleep first?"

"Why?" He murmured and flicked his amber gaze to me.

"You look tired, that's why," I stated and crossed my arms at him.

"Okay," he sighed and rested his head on my lap. A thrill shot through me that I refused to acknowledge. I looked down at him and began to run my fingers through his black hair, it was soft and silky. His tense muscles relaxed under my touch as he began to breathe softly. I ran my nails over his clothed shoulders and up the nape of his neck.

He was out like a light.

-

"And these," Lux stated with a wave of his hand, "are the gardens."

It was eerie and beautiful on the moon light. The gentle blue shine reflected off the colorful flowers.

They surrounded the house, there were little plots of tilled land with buds sprouting from the ground. I saw a stone bench by a semi-traveled path. Giant green hedges trapped us in, they grew well above my head but looked almost sturdy enough for me to climb.

"No, you can't escape over the bushes," he murmured like he could read my thoughts, I looked at the vampire in shock.

"I-I wasn't, I..." I stuttered but the look on his face told me he could see right through me. I looked down and felt my face turn red. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay Alabaster, I understand that you want to go back to your own home," Lux sighed and rested his hand on my lower back, pushing me along.

"I'm still sorry, I just... can't help thinking about it," I lamented, Lux was perceptive, it was like I couldn't keep anything from him. He remained silent. "How'd you know?"

"The look on your face," he muttered and stared ahead, "I've held enough prisoners to know it."

"I'm... a prisoner?" I asked cautiously and clasped my hands in front of me.