That Awkward Moment When You Ask Someone Out In Middle School

The door shut with a gentle click as each demon representative left the room. I sat awkwardly in the chair as Cassius focused his gaze on me, my eyes dropped to the floor.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked and strode towards me, I fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Um, it's not important, I've already lost my nerve," I chuckled timidly and squeezed my hands together. Cassius leaned over me and placed his hands on the sides of the chair.

"Alabaster," he called slowly, I frowned and looked up at him. Our faces were so close.

"It's really not, can we just go back to our room?" I mumbled and Cassius' eyes lit up with excitement. I blanched when I realized it was because I had said our room, instead of your room.

"I'll choose to ignore that slip up if you tell me," the prince negotiated.

We were silent for a long while, my fingers curled around his upper arms. His head was ducked into the crook of my neck and my lips were pressed against his shoulder.

"I know that I've said some things that probably hurt you," I muttered, my eyelashes brushing against my cheeks. "I said, that I hated you and that I'd never forgive you, but you didn't deserve that." I continued, "I was really scared Cassius, so many things have changed for me in the past few months and I can't picture living without you in my life anymore." My arms slithered around his torso as I hugged his body closer.

"Alabaster-"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for what I've put you through and I want to make it right. I don't want all this drama tearing us apart anymore, I just-" my voice began to crack but I went on. "I just want you, you're all I want, b-because I do love you Cassius, and I want to spend my life with you."

"I love you so much Alabaster," Cassius whispered sincerely and knelt before me, he rested his head on my lap. I placed my small hands in his warm ones.

"I love you, Cassius," I murmured passionately, the prince squeezed my palms tightly in appreciation. We were doused in silence once more. My stomach churned with anxiety, oh god this is awkward. I finally cleared my throat and opened my mouth, "So about those baby names..."

Cassius grinned from ear to ear.

-

We laid face to face on the bed. The prince ran his fingers through my hair and twisted the dark strands between his fingers. We were at least a foot apart, my arms rested between us, I played with a button on his shirt.

"What about Mastema?" He muttered and I grimaced in response. I didn't think he would take me seriously, but we had been sitting here for the past hour going down the list.

"Ew, no Cassius, we're not naming our child after either of your fathers," I stated and screwed up my face, I couldn't imagine calling my child Mastema, or worse, Asmoday.

"Then what about yours?" He retorted and raised his eyebrows, I gave him a droll stare.

"I had two moms," I muttered and stretched my legs out before curling them to my chest. "Anna, and Lilly."

"I'd love to meet them," Cassius teased, I gasped in horror.
One could only imagine what they would do to him.

"Never," I hissed playfully, "They would tear you to pieces... I like Andras, for a boy."

"How about Hazel?" Cassius mused, a smile on his handsome face, but it did sound nice.

"Mm, little baby Hazel," I whispered and wrapped my arms around my midsection. There would be a tiny person in there someday. My eyes closed and I let the sound of his gentle breathing soothe me.