V1 Worm up

Ozpins pov

hmm I wonder if it's a good idea to do this to Devan? I need to be sure that he's the one I was told of, the only way to do that is for him to show his strength. I just hope I'm not doing this to soon. lets hope he's up for it. 

the elevator opens up and Devan walks out rubbing his right wrist. he walks up to Ozpins desk and sits down in a chair.  

Devan: you wanted to see me?

Ozpin: Macgrath I did. how's school going?

Devan: um *rubs back of head* every thing is going good, me and Rubys team wear going to go shopping for weapon parts... is that really all you wanted to know? 

Ozpin: no. not entirely, I've been thinking about what you told me about your Electrical Discharge. I want to see it in action.  

Devan: *looks down* well its not that simple. 

Ozpin gives Devan a confused look and rest his back on his chair as he takes a sip of coffee and looks at his Scroll. 

Ozpin: why is it "not that simple"? you did it with the Grimm. 

Devan: well... it's only a last resort type of thing. after I use it I feel... thirsty. 

Ozpin: *lifts eye brow* and why is that?

Devan: when I use it I, like the name implies I discharge all the electricity in my body, when I don't have a electrical current going thro my body I feel... thirsty. 

Ozpin: interesting. 

Devan: I wouldn't call it "interesting" it's rather annoying. 

before Ozpin could say anything the elevator opens and Pyrrha walks in with her shield and spear on her back.

Pyrrha: you asked for me Ozpin? 

Ozpin: a Ms. Nikos. glad your here. today your going to be training with Macgrath.  

Devan: what!?

Ozpin: why are you so surprised?

Devan: she's the best fighter in all of Beacon!

Pyrrha: I wouldn't say I'm the best, you did fight a Dragon after all. 

Devan gives Pyrrha a annoyed look while razing a eyebrow. Ozpin clears his throat getting the attention  of Devan and Pyrrha. 

Ozpin: you two will be fighting in the Coliseum in one hour.  so go get ready.

Devan groans and puts his hands on his face in defeat. he stands up and walks to the elevator with Pyrrha, Pyrrha is standing with some excitement whale on the other hand Devan is hunched down with fear in his eyes. the door to the elevator closes with Devan mouthing "help me" as the door closes, Ozpin chuckles lightly.  

Ozpin: this will be interesting.   

Devans pov. 

Devan: I'm so dead. 

Pyrrha: I'm quite excited to train with you!

Devan stands up and gives Pyrrha a confused look.

Devan: why are you so excited? 

Pyrrha: you fought a Dragon. people thought they wear extinct and I get to train with the guy that's seen one in real life after thousands of years and lived.  

Devan: I guess word spreads fast hu?

Pyrrha: *gets excited* I cant wait!... oh um sorry.

Devan puts a hand on her shoulder, she looks at him and he gives her a light smile

Devan: you don't have to say "sorry". I live with Ruby, it's fine

Pyrrha gives Devan a smile as the doors open for the elevator. they both walk out and start walking. 

Pyrrha: want to come to my dorm? the team haven't seen you in a little while.

Devan: sure why not... oh anyway how's TRAINING with Jaune going. *lightly elbows Pyrrhas arm*

Pyrrha blushes harder then her hair making Devan laugh a little, Pyrrha clears her throat. 

Pyrrha: it's not that kind of training, plus he has eyes for someone else. 

Devan: who's that?

Pyrrha: Weiss. 

Devan: "Weiss", you mean the Ice Quean Weiss? 

Pyrrha: ya, that Weiss.

Devan and Pyrrha make it to her dorm and Pyrrha opens the door, Devan follows in side and closes the door. Ren is sitting on his bed cleaning his gun blades, Nora is listening to music on her Scroll and Jaune is... trying to use his sword properly.  

Jaune: welcome back, what did Oz- *sees Devan* oh hey Dev.

Devan: sup Jaune. 

Ren: salutations. 

Nora: hey Devan! 

Devan waves at them and then walks in front of Jaune. he motions him to give him his shield and sword. Jaune does this and Devan spreads his legs and hunches down, he puts the shield on his left hand and puts it in front of him and close to his body. with his right hand he puts the sword on top the right side of the shield. 

Jaune: what are you doing?

Devan: I'm showing you a stance you can do to protect your body. having your legs spread apart like this gives you maneuverability to move left or right. having the shield close and in front of your body gives you protection from the front, and having the sword on top like this gives you a good strike at your opponent. try to learn this stance with Pyrrha's teachings it'll help you a lot. 

Ren: I didn't know you new how to use a sword and shield like that. 

Devan: I was trained in all sorts of combat. 

Nora: *sits up* even with big HAMMERS!? 

Devan: Nora. when I say "all sorts of combat" I mean all sorts so yes. 

Ren: why don't you help Pyrrha train Jaune.

Devan: *shakes head* na Pyrrha is a better teacher then I am. *hands Jaune his sword and shield* I'm not much of a teacher. if Jaune did one of my training sessions he would be out for days. 

Pyrrha and Jaune sit down on there beds and look at Devan as he leans on the wall.

Pyrrha: why is that?

Devan: Rens seen one of my training sessions, ask him. 

Ren: I think even Pyrrha could keep up with you on them.  

Nora: now I want to see one! 

Ren: believe me you don't. 

Nora looks at Ren with a anger look and crosses her arms, Devan looks at his Phones time and shrugs and puts his Phones back in his pocket. he walks over to the sinter of the room and signals Nora to come to him. she gets off her bed and walks to him.

Devan: you want to see some of my work out? we got forty minutes before Pyrrha and I go to the Coliseum.

 Nora: ya! like right now! come on!  

Devan: ok, lets get started. 

thirty minutes pass and Nora is on the ground sweating and breathing heavily Devan on the other hand is lifting his hole body with his left hand going up and down. he looks at Nora and lets his feet fall to the ground, he walks over to her and helps her up. 

Devan: now that Nora is how you get THUNDER thighs. 

Devans Phone and Team JNRPs Scrolls go off and they all look to see Ozpin sent them a message.

Ozpin: "ten minutes before Devan and Pyrrha have a practise fight in the Coliseum".     

Devan: I guess it's go time.