V4 Haven Part 2

Ruby's pov.

Bracing for the impact, the Ice Dragon gets ready to take the full hit but a crack of lightning is heard as the sound of something hits the ground. The dragon turns his head and sees the Nuckelave freeze for a moment as it looks at its right arm on the ground blowing away into dust. It scratches out in pain as it turns to the sound of sparking, the Dragon also looks to see Wolter standing with his back facing them electrified dragon wings fully extended with his highlander being held with the dragon arm. He cracks his neck and turns his head as sparks fly from his eyes and breath. "what did miss?"

The Nuckelave charges at Wolter in a blind rage as the Dragon runs over to the others, liying Nora down they see her aura pulsing but not shattered. "stay... Here... I'll... Get... Ren..." The dragon was gonna run off but Ruby grabs its clawed hand. "wait we can help." the dragon shakes his head and looks at her. "no... Not... With... Him... Like... That... To... Dangerous..." As he runs off Scotty's ears shoot up and barks at the Ice Dragon. "what? What's wrong?" Scotty quickly looks at Ruby and barks at her but of course, only Wolter can understand him.

As the Ice Dragon makes his way to Ren he hunches done and places his clawed hand on Ren's shoulder, he lightly shackes him making sure he's okay. "Ren...? Ren... Are... You... Good... To...walk?" Ren looks up at the Dragon and shakes his head. "no... I think I broke something..." Finishing his sentences he grabs his left leg in pain The dragon nodes his head and carefully picks him up but he tries to reach for something. Seeing what Ren is trying to pick up he places his tail on a knife on the ground and freezes the knife to his tail.

He was about to Run over to the group but the Nuckelave fading away into dust flies past them making the dragon flinch back and look at Wolter dragging the tip of his highlander across the ground as he walks towards the two of them. "oh... Crap..." Dragon looks down at Ren and moves his tail closer to him letting him grab the knife. "sorry... In... Advance..." Ren gives Dragon a confused look but gets a shocked one as Dragon underhand throws Ren onto a slide of Ice toward the others. Seeing him with the others makes Dragon sighs in relief but also slightly panic as Wolter walks to him. Razing his hands he starts slowly walking back. "Please... Don't... Do... This... Devan..."

As the Ice Dragon now known to be Wolter tries to think of something to say to Devan as he continues to slowly walk forward. "you're... In... Control... Now... You... Got... Your... Body... Back..." Devan stops and grits his teeth as his sharp teeth get sharper. Wolter in desperation puts a hand on his icey chest. "I'll... Stay... In... This... Body... You... Can... Keep... Your's..."

Devan stops and glances back and sees Ruby running over to the two of them, an angry sigh comes from him as the lightning flickers away as he leans forward, He looks at Wolter and looks down. "as much as I want you dead... The look Ruby gives you... The same looks she gave me." the flesh starts falling from Devan as he walks forward. "I will retake what's mine. Be ready when that time comes." all the flesh falls free as Devan's skeleton falls forward into Wolters cold body. After a moment of confusion, Wolter sees Ruby and Scotty running towards him, but exhaustion takes over as he falls back just seeing two objects flying towards the group.

Wolters pov ??? Hours later.

My eyes slowly open and look directly at a light blinding myself, closing my eyes and rub them and slowly push myself up. Blinking my eyes a few times I get a good look at my surrounding. To the left of the bed im on is a nightstand and on it, my shoulder bag with my Highlander in its strap my trenchcoat, and fingerless gloves. To my right Scotty is in a ball sleeping, turning to the left I let my legs hit the floor and feel my shoes.

Slipping them on I lean on my knees and look at the nightstand again and see a piece of paper under my things. Using my left hand I grab the corner of it with two fingers and get a look at it and read it in my head.

'Hello, Wolter... Or Devan, it's Ruby. Don't freak out but we're in Haven, we don't know why, or how but you passed out before the Airships landed. Scotty hasn't left your side since we landed. He was really worried about you we all were, as I'm writing this it's been two days since that fight with the Nuckelave... You probably don't remember them but Yang and Weiss. They showed up a day after we got here. We managed to get your car here too its parked outside with Yang's bike. Anyway, I hope you wake up soon. Oh, also there's someone else who wants to see you.'

Putting the paper down I rub the back of my head, turning my head to the window I see my car. Letting my arm fall I look at my right arm and rub it, 'I will retake what's mine. Be ready when that time comes.' those words echo through my head as I look down. Sighing I stand up and put on my things, the last thing I grab is my shoulder bag. Before I put it on I spot a mirror and get a good look at myself. Twitching and swaying my wolf parts I start feeling... I don't know why but guilty. Grabbing the photo I got from that garage I look at it.

I don't remember anything before I woke up and these past few days haven't helped with getting my memories back either... The real me, the real Devan is trapped in my head just trying to be who he once was... And I'm in the way of that. Not by choice or having a vendetta with him but I'm still in the way... More guilty feelings wash over me making me sit back down with my ears fall back. Scotty's head lifts up slightly and sees me.

He sits up with excitement only for that excitement to fade away to confusion, he sits down beside me and lightly nudges me with his head. "ye okay lad?" my silence answers his question as he looks down and sees the photo in my lose grip. ''am I... Am I really him...?" hearing the defeat in my voice Scotty looks at me. "now don' be doin' tha' to ye'self." I sigh and look at Scotty. "I don't  remember anything about him, not his friends or his enemies how he loved..." Shaking my head I look down again. "the furthest back I remember is waking up in that bed..." Sighing I stand up and put the photo in the bag and put it on. Glancing at Scotty as he yawns and shacks his head, I pat his head making him look at me. "get some more sleep you look exhausted."

Noding in agreement Scotty gets comfortable and glances at me. "jus' promise to stop thinkin' like tha' okay?" I slightly nod my head as I open the door, watching Scotty fall fast asleep I slowly close the door and hear talking to my left using my left wolf ear I get a clear understanding of who they're talking about. And it's not about me... Well, not me specifically. I was about to walk to the voices but someone gets my attention. Turning my head I see a young tern in what looks like farmer clothes. He clears his throat and talks nervously. "you must be Devan right?"

Mentally sighing I turn around and cross my arms. "if that's what you want to call me." he was about to respond but it was like he started having a conversation with... Himself? He closes his eyes and in a split second the nervous teen standing in front of me changes as his stance and voice change, his eyes open and I give him a questionable look as they start glowing a different colour. "hello Wolter, that is what you like being called right now yes?" nodding my head I say. "ya, for the time being at least." he claps his hands and turns around, he starts walking and waves for me to follow. "come now, Wolter. I have somethings to tell and show you."

Sighing to myself I look at the teen or whoever he is and follow him, he leads me to his room and opens the door. Taking a little bow he points his hand to the interior. "have a sit please." sitting down I cross my arms and look at the teen, I was about to talk but he lifts his finger. Closing my mouth I somewhat impatiently tap my finger. A few seconds later Qrow walks in and the teen closes the door. They both walk over to me with Qrow standing up and the teen sitting down on the opacity side of me. "well I'm here so what did you want to show me?" 

Qrow looks at the teen as the teen nods, Qrow closes his eyes and breaths out. After a few seconds he pulls out a revolver and a weird  tuning fork thing. "you remember any of these?" giving Qrow an annoyed  laugh I shack my head.  "the furthest back I remember is waking  up in a bed, So no." Qrow looks at the teenager and sighs, grabbing a flask he takes a sip of it before sitting down. "all right 'Wolter'. time to tell you the story of Devan Macgrath."