V2 The Connection

Rubys pov.

A month has passed since Devans been in a coma, my team still hates him. I try to make them change there minds to no good. the Tournament and Dance are just around the corner. Blake says she doesn't have time for the Dance, she wants to stop the White Fang. we all told her to take a brake and to let loose. but she still has the White Fang fixated in her mind... I just hope we can help her.

Right now we're in Glyndas sparring class watching Pyrrha fight Team CADL. She obviously won the fight.

Glynda: well done miss Nikos. you should have no problem qualifying for the tournament.

Pyrrha: thank you professor.

Glynda: alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match. any volunteers?

Mercury: I'll do it.

Glynda: Mercury is it? very well. lets find you an opponent.

Mercury: actually, I wanna fight... him.

Mercury points to a guy with a black hoody with the hood covering his face.

????: u-um I-i dont t-think I s-should fight.

Glynda: you don't have to fight if you don't want to.

????: t-thank you.

Glynda: well Mercury do you want to spar with anyone else?

Mercury: no.

Glynda:well then that Is all for today and remember the dance is this weekend, but you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses.

I see the guy in the hoody and get a weird feeling. I tell Yang and Weiss I'll ketch up with them and to keep a eye on Blake. I see him go out the room so I follow, as I follow him though I see him looking down to his hands like he's scared of him self. what happened to this guy?

before I could get closer he walks in to a group of students. I try to follow him through the students but I lose him. for some reason I feel the same thing I feel when I'm near Devan... but why? I think I know who can help me.

the elevator to Ozpins office opens and I walk in to see him sitting in his chair drinking coffee.

Ozpin: how may I be of service?

Ruby: who's the new guy?

Ozpin turns around in his chair while taking a sip of his drink. he puts it down and intertwines his fingers.

Ozpin: Ruby you do know I run a School right? people come and go, please be more specific.

I walk up to Ozpins desk and put both my hands on it.

Ruby: you and I both know how strict Ms. Goodwitch is in her class right?

Ozpin: of course.

Ruby: okay, then why did she let this new guy go so easily?

Ozpin: okay,  what did this "guy" look like?

Ruby: *crosses arms* he had a black hoodie, black pants and dark brown shoes. I didn't see his face though.

Ozpin: hmm, and you wont stop looking for this boy. will you?

I shake my head, Ozpin sighs and pulls out his Scroll. He puts it on the table and a display of Devan laying down pops up

Ozpin: watch.

No one pov

A nurse walks in to Devans room and checks to make sure everything's okay. The monitor flickers a little so she doesn't think much of it, soon the lights start to flicker on and off. She starts to panic until she feels a pare of eyes looking at her. She turns her head and screams as she sees Devan looking at her with lightning sparking off his body. Static consumes the camera cutting the signal.

Ozpin: that Ruby was a week ago.

Ruby: so... that's why I couldn't see him? Where's he now?

Ozpin stands up and walks to the window, he motions Ruby to stand beside him so she does.

Ozpin: he told me not to tell you exactly where he's. But I can give you a general location on to where he is.

With out saying any words he makes a circler motion around a garage, Ruby looks at Ozpin and thanks him before she walks to the elevator...

Ruby jogs over to the Garage Ozpin "pointed at" she makes it to the door, before she knocks she hears Devan speaking.

Devan: *muffled* why cant I use my stupid powers!?

Ruby knocks on the door casing Devan to drop what ever he's doing.

Devan: *muffeld* god damb it. *walks over to the door* Ozpin?

Ruby: it's me Ruby.

Devan angrily huffs as he walks away from the door. Ruby raises her arm to knock on the door again but stops, she lets her arm fall to her side and sits down leaning her back against the door...

About ten minutes later the garage door opens. Ruby stands up and Devan walks out, she walks over to him and her eyes widen as she sees his hair with red on the tips.

Ruby: when did you get red in your hair?

Devan: about the same time I got silver eyes.

Ruby: what are you talking about?

Devan: follow me.

Ruby's pov.

Following Devan into his garage I see engines and parts all over.  a bed in the corner with a mine fridge beside it, a hoist holding car being covered bye a tarp.

I look to where Devan is leaning on a table with his back facing me, he takes off a pair of sunglasses and looks down. I walk over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

Devan: they hate me don't they?

Ruby: *looks down* ya...

Devan: *glances at Ruby* and my desk?

Ruby: Yang smashed it. *scratches back of neck* and then throw it out.

Devan closes his eyes and lets his head drop. I get a good look at the side of his face and see bags under his eyes. Some sweat drips down his four head. And a weird metal thing around his neck.

Devan: is the RFI still good?

Ruby: I did manage to get that.

I take off the Shoulder bag and open it, Devan glances at it and I hand him the RFI. His eyes widen and water at the same time. He grabs it and gets a good look at it, a smile forms on his face as he presses his four head on it.

Devan: thank you Ruby. At least I get something good from all this.

I smile at him and I start to walk to my dorm before my team loses their minds.

I feel Devan tap my shoulder so I turn around, I see him holding the bag in his hand but I'm not looking at the bag. I'm lost in his eyes, it's the first time I ever saw someone else with eyes like mine.

Me and Devan move closer to each other just lost in the one another's eyes, it's like nothing else maders something comes over both of us as we look at each other.

The bag hits the floor as we move closer to one another. Lips closer then ever, I press my lips on his and rap my arms around his neck. he raps his arms around my waist deepening the kiss. Silver Lightning and silver rose pedals swirl around us.

We separate with a string of saliva coming from are mouths. Devan takes a step back with his cheek blushing.

Devan: Ruby I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that!

Ruby: no, no it's okay... um *pokes pointer fingers together* can we do it again? *blushes*

Devan has a puzzled expression on his face but he  nods taking this chance I  grab the collar of his t-shirt with both hands and pull him towards me.  

Are lips connect cosing the lightning and rose pedals to swearl around us.