V2 Grave

Devans pov.

its been five months since I've sent back to the past, during that time Summers told me a lot of the Dragons and how there Dragon Eye Worriers. she told me that I was one also, apparently one of the strongest to come. of course she asked about Ruby and how she's doing. I told her so many things about like how she saved me from my self and held me together through some hard times... I miss her though, I know Summer can see through my happy-go-lucky face though.

Devan sits down on a log while putting a piece of wood in a fire. He pulls his phone out of the front pocket of his shoulder bag strap. He turns it on and a image of him and Ruby lights up.

Summer sit down beside Devan and sees the photo. She hovers her hands over the fire and glances at Devan.

Summer: when was that photo taken?

Devan puts his phone back in the strap pocket.

Devan: that was after the entrance exam for Beacon. I wanted to congratulate Ruby for becoming a team leader.

Summer grows a light smile before to slowly fades. Devan leans forward resting his elbows on his knees.

Devan: what's wrong?

Summer: I miss so much don't I?

Devan scratches the back of his neck and sadly sighs.

Devan: ya... but she does have your fashion sense.

Summer chuckles a little then looks at Devan.

Summer: can I ask you a question?

Devan pokes some pieces of wood in the fire while nodding.

Summer: do you miss your parents?

Devan pauses and looks down slightly, he continues to move the wood while  looking at the fire.

I tell Summer what happened to me and my parents before I came here, the feeling of fear I hade when my father killed those bystanders. When i started to talk about my mom a felt a tear slide down my cheek. I told Summer the look of fear in my moms eyes broke my heart. Summer new I open up some deep scars.

Summer puts her hand on Devans shoulder.

Summer: I-I'm sorry.

Devan wipes a tear off his cheek and clears his throat.

Devan: i-it's all right, had to get it off my chest some how.

Summer looks away before standing up and walking to her sleeping bag. She gets in it and looks at Devan staring at the fire.

Summer: goodnight.

Devan: night.

Summer: don't stay up to late we need to head out early in the morning. Okay?

He looks at her and gives her a light smile before looking back at the fire.

Summer zips up her zipper and immediately falls asleep. A faint sound of somthing snapping in the distance ketchs Devans ears.

Cold steam starts to comes from his left hand as he slowly scans the area.

Summer's pov.

As the months go by Devan gets more and more productive. Maybe he thinks he can save me? It's nice of him to try but my fait's sealed. I've tried to tell him this but to no avail, I think he wants to do everything in his power to save me. The look of determination in his eyes brings tears to mine.

There have been many times when he's told me to stay out of the fight. The lives his saved the cropped powers his over throne. Ruby made the right choice, but my times coming I can feel it. And when the time comes  his true control of Ice will awaken.

Me and Devan are walking down a dirt road with trees surrounded us.

Summer: so how's the Ice powers coming along? 

Devan lifts his right hand and looks at it. cold steam comes from his upper arm but not around his robot arm. 

Devan: the only thing I can do is have ice surround my left hand.  

Summer: still cant use your robot arm for your powers? 

Devan: it may have flesh covering it, but it's still a robot arm. 

Summer: that's not true you saved two kids from that Nuckelavee. 

Devan: I know but I bushed my self to much. 

I jump in front of Devan and do a action pose.

Summer: maybe but you froze it's hole arm it fell to the ground shattering it. *fist pumps the sky* it was so cool! 

Devan crosses his arms and raises a eye brow. 

Devan: and in doing that it drained me dry, leading me to pass out shortly afterwards.   

I continue to walk with Devan shortly behind me. I point to the up and turn around.

Summer: that's not the point. 

Devan: mmhmm. then what is the point?

I pause and Devan gives me a smug grin. he walks past me and pats my shoulder. 

Devan: I'm going to set up camp in that cave we passed. 

with camp set Devan takes the first watch, but being exhausted from the weeks of watching me and others, he deserves to have a good power nap... the shadows are getting antsy ready to consume it's pray. I look to Devan resting his head on his shoulder bag with his arms and legs crossed. the scars on his face from war, the mental scars are no better. I fold his trench coat beside him and sit down by the fire. the wind blows against my hair giving me a chili down my spine. 

Devan's pov.

my eyes open only to see a black void, images flash in my head of death and destruction. Beacon up in flames in the distance with Ruby on the ground with her team behind her. her eyes open with tears of blood and standing behind her Infamous grins as he pulls Scythe of fire out her chest. my eyes shoot open with sweet dripping from my forehead. I look around trying to find Summer to no avail. I spot my coat and with quick motions I grab both. 

Devan runs out the cave with his coat and bag on, his eyes dart from side to side. 

Devan: Summer! Summer!? where the fuck is she? 

Devan spots Summer in the corner of his eye. he runs after her with every time he loses her the terrain changes, he spots her standing in front of a man with a black Clock. shadows engulf both of them leaving only Devan standing in shadows. his eyes open up to see a Grave stone with Summers name on it. he kneels down and puts his hand on the Grave, his head dips down as he stands up with cold steam coming from his hole body.