V2 Burn the Candles

Yangs pov

Me and Weiss are getting ready for the dance. I'm lifting a big speaker while Weiss shows me two shades of clothes.

Weiss: witch one do you think i should use?

Yang: I dont care.

I put the speaker down apset of the other speaker. I look around wondering where Ruby is.

Yang: Weiss. Where's Ruby?

Weiss: oh, right. She said she "was going out" but I saw her heading towards a garage.

Yang: and where is this garage?

Weiss looks at me thinking for a minute, she turns her body and point north.

Weiss: it's that way.

Yang: thanks.

I walk off leaving Weiss alone. She looks around the room while waving her arms.

Weiss: I can't do all this by my self!! This is bullsh-

I make my way out side and see the garage Weiss was talking about. The garage door's open and I can see Ruby handing someone tools.

I make my way to the door and hid around the corner.

????: *muffled* you going to the dance?

Ruby: no, Blake isn't going and neither are you so whats the point.

????: *muffled* well there's plenty of reasons. One, you spend time with your friends. Two, you can meet new people. Hand me a ten mill-socket please.

Ruby: here.

????: *muffled* thank yo.

Ruby: can't I stay here? we can have a little dance of are on.

The sound of small wheels can be heard as a person walks over to Ruby. I see someone with Devans clothing but more dearty.

????: I would love that but you and i both know what Yang will do when she find out about us.

Ruby sees me through the corner of her eye, but what surprised me the most is she pulled the person in for a kiss.

Silver lighting and rose petals swearl around them and that's when it clicks. They separate and Ruby cups his cheeks.

Ruby: we're in this together. I love you Devan, Yang won't split us up. okay?

Devan: * hugs Ruby* okay Ruby. I love you too. 

I scuff and walk away in anger. sometime later in are dorm I'm lying on my bed looking at the roof, foot steps come to the door and stop. a few second later someone knock on the door. I sigh and jump of my bed wondering who would be at the door.  

Yang: who is it? 

????: ... open the door please. you can punch me later.

I open the door and see the person that kissed my sister, Devan him self hiding his eyes with his hand. my grip on the door nob grows as I look at him. 

Yang: you better start talking before I start punching. 

Devan: Ruby told me about Blake... her obsession with the White Fang is starting to take a tole on her. 

Yang: why do you care!? you tried to kill her! 

Devan: I... I know... please don't do it for me. *moves hand and looks Yang in the eyes* d-d-do I-I-it f-f-for h-her... d-do I-I-it for y-your friend. 

Yang: why do you studier when you look at me? 

Devan: P-PTSD. e-e-every time I l-look at y-you o-or t-the rest o-of Rubys t-team I s-see t-the F-faunos t-that Infamous k-killed...

Devan looks away from me trying not to brake down.

Devan: do you know how it feels when everyone you thought wear your friends turn your back on you?

Yang: no, no I don't.

Devan: be thankful for that, everyone calls me "The Beacons Demon" thanks to Infamous... even Ren and Nora call me that.

Devan starts to walk away but stops and looks at me through the corner of his eye.

Devan: don't let Blake go through that too. She's in the library.

He walks away wiping a tear off his cheek. I dont know what to think anymore, the way he said everything. It... I dont know anymore.

Like he said I find Blake in the library, needing to be alone to do this I take her to a empty classroom.

No ones pov

Blake: if you're going to tell me to stop you may as well just save your breath.

Yang: I hate to say it but Devan thinks  you're going down the road that... Infamous did. You need to take a brake and slow down.

Blake: I don't have the luxury to slow down.

Yang: it's not a luxury. it's a necessity.

Blake: the necessity is stopping Torchwick.

Yang: Blake I wouldn't have made you stop what ever you're doing if i didn't... believe Devan. Now just please sit and listen.

Blake: fine.

Yang: thank you, Ruby and I grew up in patch. an island just off the coast of vale. our parents are huntsman. our dad taught at Signal, and our mom would take on missions around the kingdom. her name was Summer Rose and she was like super-mom Baker of cookies and slayer of giant monsters...

Someone walking hears the conversation yang and Blake are having.

Yang: one day she left for a mission and never came back it was tough Ruby was really torn up but I think she was still too young to really get what was going on, ya know? my dad just kinda shut... down.

Yang crosses her amrs and leans against a table.

Yang: it tuck me a while to find out why Summer wasn't the first love he'd lost she was the second. the first was my mom.
he wouldn't tell me everything. but I learned that the two of them had been on a team with Summer and Qrow. and that she left me with him after I was born. no one had seen her since.

Yang wipes some tears away before continuing.

Yang: that one question why. I didn't know the answer, but I was determined to find out. it was all I thought about. I would ask anybody if they new about her. then one day I found something. what I thought was a clue that could lead me to answers. or maybe even my mother. I waited for dad to leave the house, put Ruby in a wagon and headed out. I must've walked for hours some times it felt like someone was watching me and Ruby. I had cuts and bruises and was totally exhausted. I wasn't going to let anything stop me. when we finally got to the broken up barn I could barley stand but I didn't care I made it and then I saw them the grim with those burning red eyes. there we were a toddler asleep in the back of a wagon and a stupid girl too exhausted to even cry for help. but I was right someone was watching a man with a white cloak and hood covering his head. The one thing I remember about him is the metal arm. he came out of nowhere with his fist covered in ice he fought them all off he didn't let even a signal one near me or Ruby. after he fought them off he walked up to me and knelt down and asked if we were okay. for some reason I wasn't scared of him he brought me and Ruby to a campfire. he gave us some food and after that he brought us home. my stubbornness should've gotten us killed that night.

Blake: ... I'm sorry.

Yang hugs blake and she returns the hug.

Yang: dont be sorry. Just take a brake and enjoy the dance.

The figure rubs his right arm in a painful way whale walking away.