Part 5

Covering my waist with a towel I quickly enter my trailer to get dressed because my chest is full of water drops from my hair. I find Allyson there waiting for me, looking at the photos I have on my desk.

"I guess this is what the drink is for" she says giving me one of the pictures I had there.

"Yeah.." I say exhaling.

"I'll let you get dressed and then I'm here to talk about it if you want"

"Okay, thank you"

When I'm done I find her sitting on her bed in her trailer and I join her. I take the photo in my hand and state at it. It's a photo of my wife, well ex-wife

"What do you know about this story?" I ask Allyson.

"What the news showed. It was late night, you two were on the road, you had an accident but she didn't make it" she answers slowly with a low voice.

"I suppose it's time for you to learn the real story"

"What do you mean? This isn't what happened?" she seems intrigued.

"It's not exactly what happened. The basics are true. But no one besides our close friends found out the truth"

"Are you sure you wanna share it with me?" her voice is trying to tell me she doesn't want to make me feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I am. But promise me it will stay between us"

"Of course"

"Elizabeth was never interested in fame and camera lights so she begged me to keep our personal life out of it. I agreed of course and that's why the media never knew she was pregnant. That night her water broke and I had to drive her to the hospital. I managed to get her inside the car but on our way to the hospital a car hit us. The ambulances came quickly and took us all to the hospital. Thankfully we didn't get very injured and the doctors took her in the surgery room. After hours of waiting they told me both my wife and my kid passed away. It was not because of the accident, she wouldn't survive the birth either way. We let the press think the accident was the cause of her death" I finish the story with tears in my eyes and immediately wipe them away.

"I'm so sorry Robert" she says and hugs me tightly.

I can see in her eyes that she actually feels sorry for me and not pretending. Not a few people said they were sorry for typical reasons.

"Well, that was 3 years ago. I cried, stayed away from everything, took my time and now I'm finally ready to move on"

"You're very strong, Robert. Other people in your place could have handled it worse"

"Thank you. I could really use a drink now"

"Yes, but just one. Because the last time I drank I ended at your house"

"Who knows, maybe you'll end up there again. You're always welcome" I smirk.

"Remember that the next time I knock your door drunk"

Of course the one drink was not only one but more. I, being used to drinking, don't get drunk easily anymore. Also, Allyson seemed like the alcohol didn't affect her this time.

We sat there for a few hours breaking more the ice between us and sharing stories and events. She's not so shy after a few drinks.

"This will become a habbit. Drinking every night after shooting" Ally says laughing slightly.

"It's not a bad idea. I don't know about you but I'm having a great time"

"Me too, you're an amazing person to hang out with"

"I don't wanna brag about myself but I really am great at everything. And I mean everything" I raise my eyebrows proudly.

"When I see your acting in person I'll have a clear image of your skills"

"We can practice a scene now" I suggest immediately.

"What? Now? I don't know my parts yet"

"We'll use the script for help. I do recall some interesting scenes that we share" I refer to the making out scenes.

"I haven't read all our scenes but I'm sure we have some good ones"

I grab the script in my hands and scroll the pages until I find one that involves both of us.

"How about this one?" I ask.

"I don't see why not"

"Alright, I'm starting"

"We have to focus on this lead. He's the one we should be following, he's the murderer"

"How do you know that, Nathan? Last time I checked police wasn't supposed to consider people guilty only because they don't like them. We need proof to follow him"

"Oh c'mon, you're only saying it because you like his face. Protecting him won't get you closer to bed with him"

"How dare you say that? I'm not a slut nor using my job to benefit people I like"

"So you do like him. Is it permanent this time or will you use him like me?"

'"I never used you. This thing between us couldn't work, we're collueges"

"You didn't even give it a shot. Let us try"

"This is more complicated than you think"

"I don't find anything comlicated about this" I say and make a move to kiss her.

She doesn't accept my move and succesfully stops my lips from touching hers by taking a step back. She looks away and coughs and I stand there smiling to myself.

"Did you just block me from kissing you? I thought we were practicing"

"Yeah, I saw your acting, it's good" she clears her throat.

"Well, I hear that often. Although, declining my kiss does not happen so often. You just really hurt my ego"

"I promise it wasn't my intention. It won't happen during filming"

"I thought we were practicing"

"Yes, we were"

"Then do it" I say and take a step closer to her.

"Do what?"

"Kiss me" I say looking straight into her eyes.

"Why is it so important to you that we finish the scene?"

"Oh, screw the scene. I just wanna know how your lips feel on mine"

"Oh my God, are you drunk?" she asks laughing.

"Why? Because I wanna kiss you?"

"Because you have to be joking"

"I'll show you just how much I'm joking"