Part 52

I couldn't sleep all night. I wanted so badly to go to her room and make things right. Wanted to hold her under the sheets and talk this out. But I couldn't risk it turning things to worse. I just had to wait until the morning to hopefully talk and sort this out. I know that asking her to move in with me in a different city is a lot to process but I hope we will find a way.

After managing to get like 2 hours of sleep I got out of bed and headed to the kitchen to make some coffee. It was too early to expect anyone to be awake but I hoped to find Allyson there. But she wasn't. I made some coffee and filled a cup then took it and sat on an empty chair on the kitchen table. Halfway through my cup I heard some footsteps and looked at that way but it was Jon. He looked at me being alone this early and narrowed his eyebrows.

"Didn't sleep, huh?" he asks and pats my shoulder.

"Is it that obvious?"

"With these circles under your eyes, yes. Thanks for the coffee" he says and grabs a cup of coffee.
"So, how bad is it?" he continues.

"It's-You know it's a lot for her to process, she needs time"

"I sense a but coming"

"But I want her to say yes so badly. I want this role and I want her by my side. I don't even see it as such a big deal to move to L.A. We're adults" I hiss.

"Don't get this wrong but she has the right to be upset and you... not so much"

"Do you have anything stronger than coffee?" I ask he stays still with a judgmental look on his eyes.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Do I look like I care right now?"

"I'm not giving you anything, you're not supposed to be drinking a lot and drinking this early is not helping"

"I'll find it myself" I say and go through his kitchen searching for any alcohol and when I finally found it I poured myself a drink.

Jon rolled his eyes and left me alone. I stayed that way for the next few hours with no sign of Allyson. When it was getting late for Allyson to be asleep I decided to do something. I knew she was awake and avoiding me so I made some pancakes that I know she likes in the morning and grabbed a cup of coffee. I took a deep breath and after knocking on the door I entered her room. She was still under the sheets but she was definitely awake. I place the plate with the pancakes on the night stand and she finally looks at me.

"Good morning, may I?" I ask for permission to sit next to her and she nods.

"You look tired" she says.

"Well, I haven't really slept"

"Me neither" she replies with the same desperate tone.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me" I beg her and she looks at me.

"I don't like us being like this. I love you. I just don't want you keeping things like this from me. It affects me too, you know"

"I know and I'm so sorry. I just couldn't find the right way to ask you to come with me here"

"Stop apologising and come here" she laughs.

I smile and get under the sheets with her. I hug her and she holds onto my chest tightly. She hides her head underneath my chin and rests it against my chest.

"Your pancakes will get cold"

"I don't care, this is all I want right now" she says holding me tightly.

"I don't expect you to agree right away but I want you to think about this. We're together on this. It's completely your choice"

"This is anything but my choice, Robert. It's your career we're talking about"

"My personal life is more important to me than my career right now"

"Do you really want the role?"

"Yeah..." I reply not being sure if that's the correct answer.

"Then we have a lot of things to discuss" she says.

"I know, we'll find a way and even if we don't I don't mind letting this role go. I'm sure plenty of others will come"

"I was referring to different things" she says with a small smile trying to form on her lips.

"What kind of things?" I ask confused.

"Neighbourhoods, furniture, bedroom colours, time zones" she's looking into my eyes.
"For our new house in L.A" she finishes and I can't keep my smile from appearing from ear to ear.

"Are you sure?" I ask excited.

"Sure and nervous. I don't know how my family's going to react but I don't really care"

"I love you, I love you, I love you" I keep repeating and kissing her lips between giggles.

"Jon!" I shout his name a couple of times and soon I hear him coming over.

He appears and stands carefully at first in the doorway but after seeing we're together hugging under the sheets he relaxes and smiles.

"We're moving to L.A" I say loudly and enthusiastically and he smiles widely.

"I knew you would take the right decision! You won't regret this, I promise" he says and me and Allyson kiss.

"I'll just go do some stuff for a while" he says making an excuse to leave us alone and then being smart enough to close the door behind him to let us express our excitement.