Part 18

I want to find whoever is responsible for the leaking so badly that the main reason I'm going to shooting is finding that person and not to work. I love my job and I was excited to return on studios but this situation is poisoning my mind. Every person I see on set feeds me with thoughts that is guilty. My main suspect is James just because he bought a new car and it sounds crazy because anyone could buy a car and I know it. The fact that I have nothing on anyone else is the only reason I'm suspecting him.

I don't have many scenes to shoot today which means I have plenty of time to think. I arrive right on time to get ready and then begin shooting for today. Minutes after I enter my trailer Gwyneth comes in not seeming very happy.

"Hello to you too" I say sarcastically after she stays in silence for a lot of seconds.

"I was waiting for you"

"Well, you could've asked me what time I was coming"

"I could but I wasn't in the mood to talk to you"

"Is it this time of the month?"

"Don't act like you did nothing"

"What did I do?"

"James told me about your conversation yesterday"

"So what? I like cars, I asked him about it"

"You didn't just ask him about it, you think he had something to do with the video!"

"Gwyneth, dear, I didn't accuse him of anything I just made some questions to be sure he had nothing to do with it"

"Oh well, are you sure now?"

"No. I mean, I don't say he did it but I can't say he didn't do it"

"You're ridiculous, I can't believe you're even considering it!"

"What do you want me to say? I saw something suspicious and I'm just thinking about it"

"He would never do that, he's a decent person"

"You're just saying that because you're fucking him, you don't even know him that good"

"You're unbelievable, I can't even believe you said that to me"

"Mr. Downey the stylists are waiting for you, the shooting must start soon" a woman from the crew says after knocking on my door which is open.

"I'll be there in a minute, thank you" I smile at her and she leaves.

"We'll continue this conversation later, promise me" I say to Gwyneth.

"Fine"

I exit my trailer leaving Gwyneth behind me hoping she won't stay mad at me for a long time. The stylists fixed my look and showed me the clothes I had to wear for the different scenes I had to shoot today.

The main persons I have scenes with today are two younger actors, a guy I've worked with another time and a woman I haven't. I've seen them both around the studio since we started but this is the first time we have shooting together.

"Clay, how are you?" I ask him as we share a hug.

"Great. Excited to work with you again, you're a great inspiration for me"

"Stop it, I'm blushing" I reply laughing.

I turn my eyes and they meet with the actress'. It's a beautiful pair of eyes I have to admit.

"I'm Robert Downey, Jr." I say flashing her a smile and giving her my hand.

"I'm Grace Johnson, it's a pleasure to meet you sir"

"Don't start with that 'sir' bullshit, I'm just Robert"

"Okay then, Robert"

"Let's see how we do together... as actors"

"I bet we have chemistry"

"Let's see"

We didn't have much time together, only a few lines. I can't say she's the best actress I've worked with but I'm sure her looks helped her a lot with her career. After the shooting we stayed together talking.

"Is this your first role or have you taken part in other films too?" I ask her trying to know her better.

"This is not my first but it surely is the biggest role. I've played in smaller movies which of course I don't expect someone like you to know about"

"I'm sure I'll follow your career from now on. I'm willing to help you catch your first big role after this movie. I have some connections"

"I actually auditioned for the main role but got this one instead, which is absolutely fine. I hope my next role to be even bigger"

"No one started with a big role, you'll have your chance"

"I surely hope so. Do you smoke?" she asks me as she reaches for her purse and takes out a cigarette for herself.

"I used to smoke but I stopped"

"That's something to be proud of"

"I have better things to be proud of and to be ashamed of as well"

"I don't know your whole story but I know you've been through some weird stuff"

"I can't hide it, my past is interesting itself and now the video made everything fade away. It's all they talk about now"

"Yes it's the first thing that comes to anyone's mind when they hear your name"

"Have you seen it?" I ask her and she can't find the words to reply.
"Oh c 'mon, I won't be offended"

"Yes..."

"It wasn't so hard, wasn't it? To admit it I mean"

"Well, no"

"I don't know if I have to thank or hit the person that did it"

She looks at the time and collects her stuff.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. You can have my cigarette if you like" she says abruptly.

"Sure" I reply and hold her cigarette between my fingers.

I watch her leave as I think about whether I should put it in my mouth or throw it away. After some moments I decided to smoke what's left of it. It's halfway done after all.