Part 53

"What about a pool?" I ask Allyson.

"A pool? Oh my God imagine that!"

"I can imagine us together in the pool having so so so much fun just like in the sauna" I seductively say.

"I'm right here for Christ shake" Jon hisses and I laugh.

"There are more places than the bedroom that are useful, be creative Jon"

"I'm never going close to that sauna" he says in disgust.

"Then you might as well never visit the whole house again" I proudly claim.

"I might only visit your new house here the first days when it's still pure"

"I promise we'll get busy as soon as we step inside"

"Robert!" Allyson says through her teeth.

"I'm sorry, baby, you know me. Sometimes I just can't stop talking"

"Unfortunately for me, you're right"

"You have to shut me up these times" I smirk and she kisses me.

"I've had enough of you two flirting and talking about your new house the last days, my single ass is almost puking"

"Don't worry we'll be out of your way tomorrow but you'll be seeing a lot of us now that we'll be close"

"You're both a curse and a blessing"

We spent the last day with a romantic dinner just the two of us and another tour around the city visiting the neighbourhoods we hadn't visited. Whenever we saw a place we liked we promised to ourselves that we would visit it a lot in the future. I also visited the studio to tell them I will take the role and sign some papers. We packed our stuff and after the same long flight we were back in New York. It was late so we both went to our places to get a good full night sleep.

Today Allyson will visit her parents to announce her decision to move with me to L.A. We have started looking for houses together and putting some of our stuff in boxes. I will keep my house in New York so I'll just take the stuff I need most with me. Allyson will leave her house so we will hire a moving company as soon as we find the right house.

I let most of my friends know I'm going to leave town and take the role and the most excited one was Gwyneth who was happy things are getting more serious with Allyson. I never saw myself finding love again after losing my wife but I'm sure it's what she would have wanted for me.

I am driving to Allyson's house to see how the meeting with her parents went and help her pack some things. I look at her house and remember all the times I came to pick her up. I ring her bell and she lets me in with a kiss.

"How did they take it?" I ask immediately.

"They were surprised and worried at first because they thought I was taking a rushed decision but they were happy when I told them we talked about this and took the decision together"

"I bet they never believed we would stay together for long"

"Don't say that, they're not that bad"

"I'm just saying that I don't think they trust me with you yet. I have a feeling they'll be calling you ten times a day to check if you're okay"

"No, they won't. They see me happy with you and that's all that matters to them" she says and cuddles me on the couch.

"That's all that matters to me, too" I say and kiss her head.

"I'd love to stay like this forever but I have many things to pack. I have to leave the house by the end of the week"

"Let's get to work then"

We packed the least important things first. The things she won't need these days, like books and some decorations. And as the days passed we packed more and more things together and the house got emptier and emptier. We also found the house that suited us better and booked an appointment tomorrow to see it ourselves.

After packing the last stuff there were basically only furniture left in the house. We sat on the couch to take a breath and she let her body relax over mine. I placed my arms around her and saw her eyes roaming around the place.

"I'm going to miss this place" she whispers.

"Me too, we have our first memories here. But I'm sure we'll make better ones in our new house"

"You have no idea how excited I am" she says with a beautiful smile on her lips.

"Just a few more days, honey"

We spent the night in my house where I packed the few things I wanted, mostly clothes and the next day we left for L.A. We settled our few stuff for the next couple of days in Jon's house again and went to our appointment. When we stepped outside the house we both smiled and held hands.

"It's great, isn't it?" I ask her.

"I so hope we can have this"

The woman with whom I talked to the phone with came to us and showed us around the place. We had seen photos but seeing it ourselves was a different thing. We explored the whole house and then she gave us a moment to discuss.

"So, what do you think?" I ask again.

"I love it, really"

"If there's anything you don't like tell me"

"I love everything, it's so beautiful. I'm already imagining us in here"

"I feel the same. So let's do this"

We both smile and continue with signing the papers. We will be able to start moving in in two days that are enough to bring our stuff here. Before leaving we took a good look at our new house now that's empty and undecorated.

"We're going to turn this into the most beautiful house in the world" I assure her.

"If it's anything like your house in New York it's going to be amazing"

"I think I'll just let you decide everything, not sweat a bit"

"I'm okay with that, just don't come complaining the moment you don't like something"

"I'll take care of the garage"

"We'll do everything together, I want to see both of us when I look in the house"

"Then that's what we'll do"

We returned to Jon's house and opened a bottle of whisky to celebrate. Each of us took a glass and we held them in the air to make a toast.

"To our new beginning" Allyson says and we repeat the same sentence and connect our glasses before taking a sip.

A new chapter is right in front of us and we're ready to make the best out of it together.

A/N
This is the end of the book, I have some ideas for a sequel if you're interested in reading more about this story. Let me know what you think. Thank you for reading and supporting all this time ❤️