Part 20

I arrived at the studio really early, a few hours before I was supposed to be here and everyone seemed surprised. I guess Ally told no-one else she's coming today. We spoke but she didn't tell me the exact time she'll be here because she is not sure yet. I spent my time chatting with some colleagues and drinking coffee because I always need one in the morning. Some time later Allyson still wasn't here but I spotted Grace somewhere passing by.

"Don't tell me they make you come here this early everyday" I tell her.

"Only some days, it's not even that early"

"I guess they're treating me better and letting me come here a couple of hours later"

"You're Robert Downey Jr. of course they're treating you better"

"Just so you know, people treat me badly too sometimes. If they don't like me they won't act nice for no reason"

"That's not very smart of them, is it?" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"So, are you acting nice because you wanna gain something from me?"

"No, I'm acting nicely because you gave me no reason not to and because having connections with Robert Downey Jr. is definitely something I don't wanna lose"

"Damn, that does make me question every relationship I have in my life" I say laughing.

Time was passing and we were having a great time. A conversation that didn't seem to end unless someone interrupted. We shared laughs, opinions and experiences. She seemed like a person I could talk to anytime. At some moment the loud voices from all the conversations turned into whispers and I didn't have to think why. I knew it was because Allyson finally appeared and I was right.

Leaving my cup of coffee on a table I walk towards her. I notice she's looking around to all the people talking about her even if she can't hear them. It doesn't take much to know everyone's gossiping about her. Not wanting Allyson to get any more nervous I approach her to help her relax.

"Good morning and welcome back"

"Thank you, I wasn't sure until the very last moment"

"You have nothing to worry about. Just get ready and everything will be back to normal"

"How's that gonna happen? I already feel everyone's eyes on me judging"

I take a few steps forward and clap my hands twice to get everyone's attention.

"If anyone has a problem or wants to say anything about Allyson he can say it right here and right now out loud. Otherwise I think we all have work to do" I say loudly so everyone can hear me.

After a few seconds of silence most of the crew walked away and continued their jobs.

"See? Just like before" I say.

"Thanks about that, it really does make me feel better"

"My pleasure. Want me to walk you to your trailer?"

"Sure"

When we got there it was empty

"I expected Gwyneth to be here" she says.

"She's probably with that dude, James"

"I'm happy for her, she deserves someone nice"

"Do you think he's nice?"

"I don't know him well but from all I know he seems like a good person"

"You're probably right"

"You don't agree?"

"It doesn't matter, well talk about him another time"

The director comes to the door and as soon as he notices Allyson he hugs her tightly and smiles.