Part 46

"Hey" I say accepting Allyson's phonecall.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Fine, relaxing at home. How was dinner with your parents? How much do they hate me?"

"They don't hate you" she says trying to justify them.

"Yeah, they just want me as far away from you as possible"

"I actually convinced them to give you a chance"

"You don't say" I laugh.

"But there is a little something I'd like you to do" she says sweetly.

"Oh God, shoot it"

"I want you to make things right with Alex"

"Right, the one person that truly hates me. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even wanna talk to me"

"You're wrong. He agreed to go out with us tonight if you're free"

"It doesn't feel like I have a choice here" I joke.

"No, you do. If you don't want to go I'll tell him you're busy and we won't go"

"Yeah right, it won't be suspicious at all"

"You're Robert Downey Jr, it's not hard for people to believe you have a busy schedule even though you don't" I hear her laugh at the end.

"Hey, I have many suggestions and invitations for any day of the week but I rather spend my time with you" I stand up for myself.

"I know, I'm just joking. So what do you want me to say to Alex?"

"Okay, I'll do it. I'll pick you up at 9"

"Thank you so much" she says excitingly and I smile to myself.

"Things we do for love"

----------------------------------------------------

I wore one of my favourite suits for tonight. It's dark grey and the pants are the same. I fix my hair and tie in front of the mirror for the last time before I leave and I get in the car. When I arrive at her house I park the car and ring the bell. She opens the door and I admire her beauty. She's wearing a very elegant black dress and black heels that make her a bit taller than me and her make up is showing off her beauty.

"Hello to you too" she says pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Sorry, you just look so beautiful"

"I can say the same" she replies and we kiss.

"Can we maybe put dinner with Alex on hold and go out by ourselves? I swear it's a shame not to have my full attention tonight"

"Nice try, Robert, but you're not getting out of this now. You had your chance"

"I know, let's go, we don't wanna be late"

I helped her get in the car and I drove us to the restaurant we are supposed to meet with Alex. We arrived first and took our seats. We spent the few minutes we had to ourselves talking and flirting until Alex came and took a seat as well.

"Hello, Alex, it's great to see you" Allyson says and we just look at each other.

"It's great we finally have a chance to know each other better" I say.

"Yes, let's see how this works out" he says and clears his throat.

A waiter comes and gives us the menu. Me and Allyson have been here before and we discuss the options but Alex is here for the first time.