Part 23

We woke up in my bed together and got ready for set. We ate some breakfast and got dressed up. We didn't talk much, I guess we both were thinking about the plan. I personally didn't even sleep well thinking about it. It could easily get ruined.

"Do you want me to drive us there? I'll leave you a block behind so no one sees us together" I ask her.

"No, it's fine. I already have my car parked here"

"Come get it tonight after shooting"

"We can't, Robert" she sighs disappointed.

"You're right. You should leave first and I will start some time later"

"That's the best idea"

"One more thing before you leave. Can I tell Gwyneth about all this? I don't think I can or want to lie to her"

"Well, if you think she can keep it a secret, sure"

"I trust her. I must have someone to talk to about it"

"Of course" she says and picks up her purse.

I approach her and kiss her meaningfully. I caress her cheek with my fingers and we fake smile to each other trying to act okay about not being able to do it from now on in public.

After she left I did some things at the house, took a shower and left too. When I arrived at the place where we're shooting today I didn't find Gwyneth, she's probably shooting somewhere else. I actually had some scenes with some younger actors playing the detectives and after a few hours we all returned to the studio.

I passed outside Gwyneth and Allyson's trailer but kept myself from looking inside and walked over to mine. I texted Gwyneth and since she was at the studio I told her to come over to my trailer.

"Hey" she says coming in.

I'm sitting on a chair in front of the mirror and I'm staring at myself.

"Hi" I reply turning around to face her.

"I was at my trailer, why didn't you say hello?"

"I didn't want to find Allyson"

"Did something happen?" she asks worried.

"Yes but it's complicated"

"What is it this time?" she sighs.

"Close the door"

She does as I say and sits on a chair close to mine.

"We have reasons to believe Grace is the one who leaked the video"

"Grace is the one you had shooting with a few days ago?" she's shocked.

"That's her"

"So what are you going to do?"

"We have a plan but it involves me and Allyson not seeing each other in public anymore" I sigh deeply.

"What plan?"

"I will get as close to Grace as I can until we have proof she's responsible for this. Ally thinks Grace is trying to ruin her life because of their past. Seems like they know each other from some years back and there's always been competition between them"

"Jesus Christ, Robert. Are you sure you can do this? I mean, you just found Allyson. You can leave this behind and enjoy your lives together now"

"Allyson can't just forget about it. She's way more affected by it than me"

"Can you handle this?" she asks caressing my back.

"I think so. I have to be with the woman that hates the woman I want to be with until I can finally be with the woman I want" I sigh trying to make sense out of everything.

"I'm here to help you with anything"

"I know that and I'm grateful"

I take a cigarette out and light it up. I inhale and exhale the smoke slowly and notice Gwyneth looking at me.

"Be careful with that thing"

"I really need it right now"

"You are getting addicted to it again, I thought you were smarter than this"

"Just this one and then I stop... for today"

"You're not even supposed to smoke in here, I'm leaving before I asphyxiate" she says and leaves.

"Not overreacting at all"  I whisper ironically to myself.

I smoke the cigarette and go to the dressing room to get ready for shooting. I have in mind to find Grace and start the plan. After a couple of hours we have a break and it's the perfect opportunity to talk to her since she's alone. On my way to Grace I see Ally also alone drinking a cup of coffee and I struggle not to keep her company.

"Heyy" I happily say greeting Grace.

"Oh, Robert! Hi, how are you?" she asks with a smile on her face.

"Enjoying my few minutes of rest. I have to get back for shooting soon"

"Poor guy" she says stroking my arm.

"They're paying me better which probably means I shouldn't complain, right?" I say and smile back at her.

"Well, I can't argue with that"

"I don't want to seem weird but your perfume is amazing, may I?" I ask for permission to smell her neck.

"Of course, thank you"

I lean closer to her and smell her perfume on her neck slowly before returning back to my spot.

"Yeah, you should definitely wear it tonight"

"I don't have anything planned for tonight"

"Yes you do. You have dinner with me" I say raising an eyebrow.

"I don't recall discussing about that" she says playfully.

"I have to spend the extra money I'm getting payed on something. I don't see a better way than buying you dinner"

"If you put it like that how can I even say no?" she laughs.

"Should I pick you up from your house around nine o'clock?"

"Sounds good"

"See you then" I wink and leave for my trailer so I can eat something before returning to work.

A/N
Look who decided to finally update after months. I'm not even sure if anyone's gonna read this but I remembered I left a story in the middle and gave it a shot again. I'll see if I continue 😄