Part 31

I clean up the mess as much as I can in a short time and drive quickly to the studio. It's after evening, the sun is staring to fall. When I arrive I see less people there. Most of them probably have finished their job for today. I pass through the director yelling at me and find Gwyneth.

"I need to talk to you" I say in a serious tone.

She follows me to my trailer and I shut the door behind us.

"Robert, what's going on? You look terrible" she says worried.

"I screwed up, I screwed up really bad" I keep repeating and walking around.

"Is this because of Allyson? I know you two are not really talking right now"

"No, it's something far more worse"

"You can tell me anything. I promise I'll help you whatever it is" she says serious.

"You might need to take a seat first" I say and she sits on my bed.

"Now you're terrifying me, just tell me"

"I got high last night"

She tenses immediately. She loses her words.

"Oh my God, Robert. How?"

"I don't remember clearly. I was out with Grace and somehow drugs came to our possession"

"She bought them, didn't she?"

"I believe so"

"Robert this is very serious. You can't go back to your old habits. You're already smoking again and drinking way more than normal"

"I know, alright? You think I want to repeat that mess?"

"I'm sorry. You got through this once, you will do it again"

"I need to find Allyson"

"No, not like this. You stink and its clear something's going on with you"

"I have to get her back, I can't do this without her"

"You'll get her back, just not today"

The door opens and it's Grace. Gwyneth gives her a very cold look and I just stay there not knowing what to say.

"Can I have him, please?" she asks annoyed and Gwyneth walks out closing the door behind her.

"How are you?" she asks me.

"Dealing with everything"

"Let me make you relax" she says and slowly kisses and sucks on my neck.

She removes my jacket and starts undoing my belt. I grab her hand and look at her.

"Don't" I say.

"Why not? Don't you want to forget your problems for a while?" she whispers in my ear and unbuttons my jeans.

My hand somehow left hers without me realising it. When she unzips my zipper and rubs her hand on my crotch I immediately feel my urges taking over me. She places her hand inside my boxers grabbing me but I come to my senses and stop her.

"We can't do this here"

"Why not?"

"Last time I did that, it ended up all over the internet. Its not safe"

"Don't worry, it's not gonna happen now" she says and kisses my lips.

"How do you know that?"

"I just do" she says and pulls over my t-shirt.

"Tell me what you know if you want to continue this" I say and she sighs.

"I was the one who taped you, okay?" she says desperately.

"What? Why?" I ask readjusting my clothes but trying to remain calm.

"I was jealous and it's not a secret that me and Allyson don't get along"

"She was right. She was always right" I say to myself.

"I doesn't matter. It was a good thing, you got rid of her and we are having the time of our lives together" she says thinking she can actually get away with this.

"Get out, now" I say aggressively.

"C'mon, Robbie, don't be like that"

"Don't ever contact me again, am I clear?"

I see her eyes turning red and teary and she storms out of the room. I shake my head and leave too.

"It was her" I tell Gwyneth when I see her.

"I don't get you"

"She just told me she filmed the video. Allyson was right all along"

"Oh God, are you okay?"

"It doesn't matter. I have to find Allyson"

"She left, Robert"

"Then I'm going to her house"

"Stop, you have to get yourself together first"

"I don't have time for this"

"Yes you do. I'm coming with you to make sure you're not doing anything stupid"

"I know what I have to do"

"Trust me, if she sees you like that, there's no way you're winning her back"

"Shit. What should I do?"

"Come with me"

We got to my car and drove back to my place. She told me to take a bath and while I was doing that she was cleaning up the house as much as she could. We agreed I should let the day pass before I find Allyson so that the drugs and alcohol get off my system. She decided to stay with me the night to make sure I don't give in to my dark urges.

"Thank you so much for everything, Gwyneth. You're truly an angel"

"You know l'll always be here for you"

"Does James know you're here?"

"Yeah, I didn't give him the details though"

"I hope I'm not causing any problems between you. I really want you to be happy"

"I'm sure he'll understand"

"I'm sorry" I say and she rests her head on my shoulder as we sit on my couch.

"I really need to smoke right now" I say a few seconds later.

"Robert, don't"

"It's either that or something heavier"

She sighs and I take out a cigarette and light it up. It's not what my organism is craving for right now but it'll have to do.

"Can you find out what time she's coming to the studio tomorrow?" I ask her.

"Sure"

She texted her and learned she would be at the studio around 11.

"I'll go to her place earlier. I can't wait until after shooting"

"Okay, only as long as you're clean"

"I'll be clean"

"Alright"

We stayed up until late besides the fact we had to wake up early. I am so grateful she stayed with me.