🍼19🍼

“They should be calling any minute

“They should be calling any minute.” Taehyung said, rolling the phone around in his hands, “When are they going to call? What's taking so long? What's the hold up?”

“They have to call everybody else too, Hyung.” Jungkook said, shifting in the chair he and Taehyung had put together.

“Yeah, yeah. There so many other people though, Kook. They're only choosing five and this call could go one of two ways. 'Mr. Kim, I regret to inform you that we will not be hiring you’. That's the way we don't want it to go.” Taehyung shook his head. “Or, 'Mr. Kim, I am pleased to say we'll be hiring you as one of our stagers. Congratulations!’. That's the way we do want it to go.” Taehyung nodded his head.

Jungkook laughed, “Calm down, Hyung. I'm sure they're going to hire you. You just need to relax.”

“Yeah, yeah. It's just, this is one of the largest staging companies in Korea. If I don't get hired here, I may as well say goodbye to being the best stager in Korea.”

“Don't say that. I'm certain someone will hire you, if not them. You'll get hired somewhere else and then you can show that company,” Jungkook pointed at Taehyung's phone, “what they missed out on.”

Taehyung smiled at the younger, “Thanks, Kook.”

The two sat and had the usual nervous chit chat when Red Velvet’s Ice Cream Cake blasted out of Taehyung's phone.

Taehyung scrambled to grab his phone and hit the answer button, embarrassed blush rising on his face as Jungkook mouthed, 'Really?’.

“Hello?”

A barely audible deep voice said something incoherent to Jungkook's ears over the phone and Taehyung twitched in anticipation.

“Yes, this is Kim Taehyung.” A pause as the deep voice said something in what sounded like an excited tone, “Thank you sir! Thank you so much! You won't regret it, I promise. Again, thank you so much. I'll see you Monday. Bye.”

Taehyung lowered the phone from his ear and pressed the red end call button and let out a loud breath, releasing the stress that had built up.

Taehyung smiled at the younger excitedly, “I got the job.”

“I knew you would.” Jungkook smiled back.

“I can't wait to start! I wonder if I’ll get assigned a project right away or if that’s something you have to work towards.”

“Knowing your talents, you won’t have to work very long to get there.”

“Oh, stop.” Taehyung waved his hands around in a keep em coming type motion before laughing, “I’m kidding. Thanks, Kook. Without your support, I think I would have literally died in a pool of anxiousness and stress.”

“I should be saying that too.” Jungkook said, smiling even brighter than before.

“Geez, you’re being extremely nice to me today.”

“And I’m not normally?”

“It’s not that. It’s just normally not in a large wave.”

“You got a job today, am I not allowed to compliment you and your talents which helped you get it?”

Taehyung laughed, “I have to admit, I kind of like weird Jungkook.”

“And there he goes, right out the door. Bye bye!” Jungkook waved.

“No! Don’t go!” Taehyung shouted, reaching towards the door.

Jungkook looked out his window, “He just got in the taxi, it’s too late.”

“Noooooooo.” Taehyung said flopping back on Jungkook’s bed which he had been sitting on.

“Oh wait, he left a message. “I’m so proud of you, Hyung.”.”

“Yay! Thank you weird Jungkook!”

Taehyung groaned and climbed off the bed, “Well, I better go tell the Hyungs. Maybe Seokjin will make me a congratulations dinner!”

“What are you thinking?”

“Hm, I don’t know yet. Knowing Jin Hyung, he’ll read my mind and make me something that I want even though I don’t know it yet.”

“The Incredible Jin.” Jungkook said in an announcer voice.

Taehyung laughed and started walking towards the door, “Hey, just remember, as of now, you are talking to an official stager at one of the largest staging companies in Korea.”

“Will do.”

“This is my life now.” Taehyung said, a smile as big as the moon on his face, “I get to say that everyday, to everyone. This is amazing!”

Taehyung was still talking as he walked out of the younger’s room and soon became inaudible.

Jungkook’s smile slowly turned into a light frown. Realization hit him hard. He was scared of the dark.

Word Count: 732

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter but very important in the long run. Cough Please remember the last bit Cough cough.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Naiteu Naiteu and I hope you'll vote and/or comment!