🍼31🍼

WARNING: This chapter might be triggering.

Taehyung stood nervously in the doorway of his room

Taehyung stood nervously in the doorway of his room. He had been thinking about the events that had went down the night before. He had come to the conclusion that he had messed up big time. He knew he was stressed and tired but he never thought he'd take it out on the younger. It all just happened without him even thinking and he hated himself for it. He hated his stupid head for considering work more important than his Little. He hated himself for neglecting his best friend. He was a horrible person. He didn't deserve Jungkook. He had decided based on what he had done, how he had been acting and Jungkook's standing with other friends that it was best that he dropped his caregiver title.

Taehyung stepped closer to Jungkook's room but hesitated to go any nearer. It had taken about an hour of coaxing from Hoseok to calm Jungkook down enough to leave his room. However, Jungkook could barely look in Taehyung's direction and Taehyung didn't blame him one bit.

Taehyung knew this was best though, even if the first sight reaction could go one of a million ways. Soon enough, Jungkook wouldn't have to deal with an overly stressed Caretaker. A caretaker that wasn't there for him through such hard times. A caretaker that had treated him with such disrespect over an accident. His caretakership for Jungkook was coming to a close, and not in the way that it should be.

Taehyung walked through the younger's door. His first sight of the room was almost like seeing an aesthetic in real life. Jungkook's curtains were wide open letting pale, cloud filtered sunlight stream through the window, revealing every little speck of dust floating through the air. Jungkook had moved his Papasan chair to a corner where only shadows struck it and had a flowery lamp turned on above him. The light revealed a freshly showered Jungkook with a pink striped bow clipped neatly in his hair under a light pink blanket in pale pink clothes, coloring in a coloring book. Coloring had been all Jungkook was doing recently and Taehyung couldn't help but admire how focused and lost in his colors the younger was and Taehyung always stopped to watch whenever he was met with a sight like this one. The younger was his living aesthetic.

“Jungkook?” Taehyung murmured, his words coming out soft and unheard. Taehyung cleared his throat. “Jungkook?”

Jungkook looked up and his mouth’s previously focused straight position formed slowly into a light frown at seeing Taehyung standing in his room but then shot up into a wary smile.