🍼27🍼

WARNING: This chapter might be triggering.

A/N: I used JK's real brother's name. The name is in no way related to Jonghyun or anyone else with a similar name.

 The name is in no way related to Jonghyun or anyone else with a similar name

Taehyung's Saturday morning began by hearing a gentle knock on the house’s door

Taehyung's Saturday morning began by hearing a gentle knock on the house’s door. Being one of the only ones up, he groaned and got up, scratching one last time before answering the door. Standing outside in a red and white striped sweater, much like the one in Where's Waldo? with a tan tweed jacket and dress pants was Jungkook's brother.

“Junghyun! It's nice to see you!” Taehyung said, rubbing the back of his neck out of embarrassment for his current attire which consisted of a pair of sweatpants and grey t-shirt with a stain or two dotting it.

“Hello, Taehyung. It's nice to see you, too.” Junghyun said, a warm smile spreading across his face, “Would you mind if I come in?”

“Absolutely!” Taehyung stepped away from the door which Junghyun came through a few seconds after, “So, how're your Mom and Dad?”

“Thank you for asking Taehyung, but I'm not in the mood to talk. Can you take me to Jungkook?”

“S-Sure, just this way.”

“Thank you.”

“Just know he might not answer. He hasn't been talking recently.”

“That's alright.”

Taehyung nodded and led him down the hallway to Jungkook's door, which Taehyung knocked on.

“Jungkook! You've got a visitor!” When Jungkook didn't answer, he said, “I'm going to let him in!”

“Thank you, Taehyung. I've got it from here.”

“Alright, I'll see you later.” Taehyung said, turning on his heel and making his way back to the living room.

Junghyun opened his brother's bedroom door and was met with the sight of Jungkook snuggled up under a blanket in his papasan chair, his stuffed animals beginning to form a hole where he had fit himself for the past few days. His physical appearance wasn't looking too good. He had dark circles under his eyes, his light brown hair was greasy and the bow in his hair was beginning to sag, it also appeared he hadn't changed clothes except maybe once.

“Junghyun?” Jungkook said, shooting up as his brother closed the door behind him, the blanket on Jungkook nearly falling off as he tried to look somewhat okay.

“Jungkook.” Junghyun said sternly, his smile being replaced by a serious expression, “You look terrible.”

“It's really not that bad-”

“Jungkook you were fired, it really is that bad.”

Jungkook groaned, “I don't want to talk about this. It's been hard on me as it is and I don't need you to tell me it's not a good situation.”

“Jungkook, we have to. It's why I'm here.”

“Why can't you visit me just to say hello? Why do you have to criticize my every move every time you see me? It's the same with Mom and Dad.”

“It's because we're worried about you Jungkook and we want you to have the best. You can't be or have the best with all the mistakes you make.”

“What if I wanted to get fired? What if I hated working at the coffee shop that I only got a job at cause Mom knows the owner? What if I wanted to do something different?”

“Jungkook, Mom only wanted to help and you know that. She loves you a lot.”

“By threatening to not pay for college if I didn't take that job? Gee, now I see the love.”

“Jungkook, getting fired is all I'm here to talk about. Let's not fight over whether Mom loves you or not. I'm not doing that again.”

“And why not?”

“You know perfectly well why not. It's not something to be questioned and I'm not letting what happened last time happen again.”

“Well, what if I want to talk about it? What if I want to know what you and Mom talk about in private when you think I'm not listening?”

“Jungkook we never discuss anything about her love for certain people. Why would you even think it would go there?”

Jungkook pouted.

Junghyun sighed and tried to restart the conversation, “Jungkook, you were fired. That's a serious mistake. How're you supposed to help pay for this house? How're you supposed to be able to buy things? After all,” Junghyun picked one of Jungkook's Barbies out of his box, “you're wasting your money on this childish stuff.”

“Junghyun, don't go there. Don't you dare go there!”

“Jungkook, I'll go any damn where if it effects or concerns your job or education.”

“Junghyun-”

“To say you've pushed my buttons is an understatement. You know how this goes. I come in, I rant, you listen, I leave. Simple. Except for today. I just need for you to listen to me!”

“Junghyun, please.” Jungkook whined, tears welling in his eyes as he knew where this was going.

“Jungkook, I'm trying to help you. Honest. Mom is going to take you out of college if you don't do something about this. She honestly doesn't believe you're going to be able to make it with the degree you're getting and the only reason I'm supporting this is because of the educational classes you're taking. The whole dance part is something I disapprove of. There's still time to switch majors and maybe change Mom's mind. Time to switch out before a mistake is made that you can't reverse.”

Before Jungkook could stop himself, he said, “But what if Dance isn't a mistake? It isn't a mistake if I enjoy it and want to spend the rest of my life with it, is it?”

“It’s a mistake because it might not take you anywhere, Jungkook. It's not like a business major that can take you to the higher ups! I’m only saying this because I want the best for you!” Junghyun shouted, causing Jungkook to flinch, a tear quickly running down his face.

“I am here to talk about your job. Not your education or” Junghyun eyed the toy box, “free time, but since it's been thrown into the mix, let's have some fun with it!”

Junghyun paced the room, making a wide eyed, tear streaked Jungkook watch him circle his room, “I think Dance is bad for you. I think taking on less active and more educational classes is what counts. I think you should take my advice and abandon dancing. I also think “Little Space” is the worst for you. It's taking time you could be studying and putting it towards acting like a two year old, which you already do, so what's the point? You're wasting your money on toys. Toys, Jungkook. You could be buying new textbooks, groceries, anything but toys! You are wasting your life on mistakes!” Junghyun was basically in Jungkook's face now, shouting endlessly.

Jungkook wasn't going to let his life be insulted, he wasn't going down that way, “But it's not a mistake! Stop saying it's a mistake! It's not a mistake to me!”

“Let me be honest and by honest I mean brutally honest.” Junghyun ripped the loosely clipped, bright yellow, bow from the younger's hair, causing Jungkook to cry out and grab where it had been pulled from. Junghyun gestured to the bow in his hand. “Little Space is just a decoy to be a creep and buy children's toys and be weird with them. You aren't stressed because you haven't done anything worthy of stressing. You won't get off your ass and instead you spend your time pretending to be a little kid.” Junghyun threw the bow into the younger's trashcan, Jungkook flinched. Junghyun grabbed Jungkook's Dance shoes. “Dance isn't a profession, it's a hobby taken to extreme levels. It's not going to take you anywhere, Jungkook. You're going to be one of those street dancers who can barely make anything.” He tossed them towards the trashcan, Jungkook lowered himself deeper into his chair. Junghyun grabbed Jungkook's spare apron from the cafe which sat in a twisted pile by his bathroom door. “Being fired is the same as saying “I wasn't needed anymore”. You should be one of the last to go, not the first! You were fired because you were distracted during work, you were doing something else besides wiping tables. Honestly, Jungkook. Just wipe the damn tables. It's not that hard!” Junghyun hurled the apron which he had balled up into, yet again, the trashcan, Jungkook hugged himself tight. Junghyun got up in his face. “You need to shape up and see the world as it is! The world is all about money. You don't have any, you don't make it. Don't be one of those people, Jungkook and listen to me and become what the world's standards say you should be!”

“B-But I don't want to conform to standards, I want to be different.”

Junghyun closed his eyes tightly out of frustration and backed away from the younger, “Don't call me when you become homeless because you can't afford to stay here.”

“Junghyun.” Jungkook cried, jumping off the chair and grabbing the older's arm, Junghyun responding by shoving him off, sending the younger flying against the hardwood floor.

“You're full of mistakes, Jungkook. You're just one huge mistake.” Junghyun exited Jungkook's room, leaving Jungkook to cry on the floor and came out the hallway, aggressive, angered expression spread on his face.

“Yo, Junghyun. Long time no see. How ya been?” Hoseok asked, leaning against the foyers wall, still in his pajamas having just gotten out of bed.

Junghyun didn't respond, he just glared and opened the front door, slamming it behind him as soon as he had exited.

Hoseok, being the person he was, knew something was up, an angry Junghyun meant only one thing. Hoseok slinked down the hallway, the cries coming from Jungkook's room getting louder as he went.

“Jungkook?” Hoseok asked, moving around the door frame, a fragile Maknae pulling items out of his trash can, on the floor coming into view.

Jungkook looked up and quickly rubbed his eyes, trying to hide the evidence and appear alright. “Hobi Hyung! Good morning.” He tried smiling but it came out a bit forced.

“Jungkook-ah. Don't pretend with me. Aish, teens and hiding their emotions.” Hoseok commented, sliding through the open door.

Jungkook lowered his head again and sniffled.

“Geez, you look terrible.” Hoseok said, looking at the younger, worry spread on his face. “Hey, let me help you up.” Hoseok extended his hand, “Once you're up, we can get you all cleaned up and you and I can go out for ice-”

Before Hoseok could finish his sentence, Jungkook latched onto his hand, heaved himself up and threw himself into a hug with the older.

“Hoseok..” Jungkook whimpered, “I was fired, my education is on the line, Junghyun hates me and Taehyung won't hang out with me anymore. What did I do?”

Hoseok rubbed Jungkook's back in a circular motion and held him tight, “You didn't have to do anything. The universe just has a plan for you and if this is what the universe says has to happen, it's happening for a reason.”

Jungkook mumbled out, “I hate the universe.”

“So do I sometimes.” Hoseok loosened the hug and moved the younger back a bit so he could look into his eyes, “But hey, you may think your at the bottom, but you only have one way to go from here.” Hoseok pointed towards the ceiling. “And that's up.”

Word Count: 1875

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all so much for 1K reads! That means so much to me! I never thought Naiteu Naiteu would ever get that many to be honest ^^;
Thank you for reading Naiteu Naiteu and I hope you'll vote and/or comment!