🍼 Christmas Special: Pt. 2🍼

“Jungkook, can you grab the garlic?” Seokjin asked as he started prepping their Christmas meal

“Sure, Hyung.” Jungkook pulled the refrigerator door open and grabbed the fresh bag of garlic. He set it down next to where the older was dicing up celery.

6:13 in the evening and still no appearance of Kim Taehyung. Jungkook had given up hope hours ago, as much as he didn't want to admit it. The plane was supposed to land ten hours ago. Then it had been delayed and was pushed to six hours ago. However, they had received a notice that a new delay had come up and they were unsure of when the plane would make it in. Jungkook hadn't lost hope until Seokjin said that he was starting dinner and needed help. The lack of faith in the whole household had made him lose his own.

Jungkook had been moving dejectedly around the house ever since and no one in their right mind tried to scold him for the lack of happiness he was displaying on Christmas. They had done everything within their limits to comfort him and it only resulted in Jungkook looking at them half heartedly before staring at something across the room disappointedly.

Jungkook huffed as he leaned his elbows on the marble countertop and put on a very disheartening pout.

Seokjin looked at him sympathetically, “Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I'm making one of your favorites.” He gestured at the chicken that was soaking in broth and was surrounded in vegetables of all sorts.

Jungkook shrugged.

“Come on, buddy. You have to smile at some point. If not for me, do it for him. He's going to need that extra Jungkook support via your smiles while he deals with the airport and the weather, okay?”

“But-”

“No buts. He's bound to be here at some point and if I have to, I'll move Christmas to tomorrow. I just want you to be happy, especially today.”

“Thank you, Hyung.”

“It's my pleasure.” Seokjin smiled his signature smile at Jungkook, causing the latter to smile lightly back. “Now, I need some help putting this chicken in the oven. Do I have a strong twenty year old who is up to the task somewhere in the audience?”