🍼22🍼

Taehyung had been working at the design company for around two weeks and each day, the tasks got just a bit harder

Taehyung had been working at the design company for around two weeks and each day, the tasks got just a bit harder. It started with coffee runs, which Taehyung got exceedingly good at and now realized why Jungkook hated working with coffee and then ended his two weeks of being a rookie with mail runs and setting up the visuals of the fully designed houses, in 3D may I add, for customers to look at. Taehyung wouldn't say it was the most easy thing in the world, after all, one design could take up his entire day, but he would say he enjoyed it. He had never enjoyed a job more than he did this one.

The only problem presented by how much effort and time Taehyung was putting into his job was the fact he was neglecting his caretaker duties for Jungkook. He got off work an hour after Jungkook did meaning he couldn't walk the younger home like he used to. After work his afternoon mainly consisted of coming home, eating dinner with the others and then going to his room. He hardly ever said a word to Jungkook.
To say Jungkook was affected by this is an understatement. None of the Hyungs noticed Jungkook's struggles as before Taehyung, he had been extremely shy and wouldn't speak up, so no one took a second glance at the younger who would pick at his food and wait to be spoken to instead of intruding on a conversation.

Jungkook being Little and on his own, especially after being cared for and looked after for a long period of time was not a good combination. He ran out of Band-Aids in a matter of two days and ended up having to use the plain old ones Seokjin had stocked the first aid kit with. In other words, Jungkook was not a happy camper.

It had been quite some time since Jungkook had had to play all on his own. He had to admit, it wasn't as fun as he remembered. He missed the weird voices and the scenarios that only two people could pull off, he missed the goofy poses and intermission conversations. Sure, playing with Jeongyeon was fun, but it just wasn't the same. In fact, last time he had a playdate at Jeongyeon's, he went home early. It wasn't anything Jeongyeon had done, it was just playing like they were made him think of Taehyung and thinking of Taehyung made him feel so alone, even if the older was still only one door away and he had people all around him. He had told Momo that he wasn't feeling good and took the bus home.

Here he was, a week after the playdate, sitting on his bedroom floor, holding Sophia in his hands, examining her for what was at least the fifth time that day. He wanted to play but yet he couldn't find himself putting her feet to the floor or at least removing her from his hand. He brushed his fingers through her blond hair, the strands lightly grazing his skin. Was the last time Taehyung had played with him basically the last hurrah? He could partially remember Taehyung reminding him of the job call when he left the room. It had to have been. He wished he had known that. He could have made so much more of it. He wouldn't be stuck in this endless loop of feeling like Taehyung was absent because of him. He knew it wasn't that way but the first time he had thought it, he had believed it for a split second and it began to take his mind. It was all too much, his every thought now surrounded how he could've been better. How he felt so, what's the word his brother used to describe him once? Incompetent. How he felt so incompetent when it came to talking and being in the moment, enjoying it for what it was worth. He had spent these past few weeks knowing what tomorrow would hold and so he would half-ass what they were doing that day.

Jungkook punched the floor next to him, a muffled bang sounding up from the rug. He breathed in and out, cleared his thoughts. He couldn't think like this. Not now. Not ever if things went right.

Light rain hit the roof. It was the first rain in a series of week long rain storms. It only made him think of that one day a year back, the spawn of his fear. Only a few days after he had told his brother about his being a Little. His brother and his brother's friends had invited him to go out with them. He should've been suspicious when he was sat on the outer edge of seats and his brother's black Sedan drove through the one area of town that was considered bad. Jungkook's brother slowed down and one of his friends through open the car door and pushed the younger out after unbuckling him. "See you, you worthless, childish, little shit!" they shouted at him as his brother drove away, too fast to catch up to. Jungkook landed in a puddle on the side of the road, rain hitting his hair and dancing in tendrils down his coat. He slowly stood up and spun around trying his hardest to get a sense of where he was. As he wandered, the rain came down harder, his umbrella still in the floor of the Sedan. He was soaked and couldn't see, he was left to spin in circles, lost to the dirty streets and bullet like raindrops. He found himself beneath an awning with several holes after finally getting a hold of himself. He texted his parents, his brother, anyone, in hopes they'd come for him to no avail. He texted until his phone died and all he was left with was his own feet to wander the streets until some familiar sight came into view. It took ages, the rain slowing barely any, his feet in so much pain. He made it to the grocery store he'd first seen when they turned into the neighborhood. He remembered not being able to move any further and collapsed next to a dumpster in the alleyway next to the grocery store. He stayed there, the rain beating him to a pulp until his Mom pulled him away and to the warmth of her car and took him home where she scolded him about how it was bad for his health to be wandering in the rain. He had gotten seriously sick from the whole experience, lost fifteen pounds and his brother hadn't even batted an eye. If he thought really hard, he could almost feel the rain hitting his skin and running down, the chill of it causing goosebumps to spring up.
Jungkook took one last deep breath, trying to remove the goosebumps from his skin and lowered Sophia's feet to the floor. However, she was lifted immediately back up, in a shaky stance.

"C'mon, Jungkook! This is the third time I've called you! Lunch is ready!" Seokjin shouted.

"S-Sorry, Eomma! I'll be right there!" Jungkook responded, his voice weak and scratchy from not being used in a while.

"Don't make me come down there!"
"You won't have to!" Jungkook shouted, putting Sophia away and sliding out the door.

He left the light on. He didn't like the dark.

Word Count: 1240

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter I believe, tells of Jungkook who is struggling to cope with the realization that there's a feeling that he's overlooked for so long that's finally coming back into the light. I love this chapter so much and I know that due to it's contents, that's sort of a bad thing.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter of Naiteu Naiteu and I hope you'll vote and/or comment!