chapter 9

Completely focused on escaping, I was thinking of ways to deal with the horde of insects, when I realized I had forgotten something.

‘Oh right! I still have that way!’

I first ran past the sulfur gas to hide the baby dragon in a safe location, before coming back to ambush them.

‘Come on!’

When the wave of termites neared the sulfuric gas, I immediately bathed them in fire.

“Fireball!”

KaBooom~!

[+144 experience points]

[+288 experience points]

[+589824 experience points]

[Level increased 3 ➢ 6]

‘Wow, thats insane! I gained so much experience but only went up 3 levels!’

I had no time to complain though, as I could see some termites coming through the ashes and stepping over the burnt corpses of their comrades.

‘Do they not feel any fear?’

It was time to put my plan into action, so I once again ran away. When I arrived to pick up the dragon It was already awake and wailing, I fed it some meat to pacify it and hurried along the tunnel. After some time, I arrived to the narrow passage connecting the dragon’s lair to where I first hunted the tomb rats .

‘This should work!’

The leading termites were already approaching.

“Slow! Fireball!”

I continued with this combination trying to shave of their HP. Constantly checking their statuses when they neared about 20 health, I backed up into the aisle and waited for them to arrive. Because the path was so narrow at most 2 of them could approach me at the same time. As the first one approached I enchanted my dagger and thrust out.

[+144 experience points]

‘Okay! That’ll be the first minion!’

Seeing another stick its head out, I gave him a taste of my dagger, turning him into some experience.

‘Oh, can they do that?’

Unexpectedly three of them had managed to come in a the same time, two were running along the floor while the third had jumped on top of them.

Shick! Shick! Shick!

Fortunately my plan was a success and the termite I had first killed, rose as my minion.

[Necromancy level 1 ➢ 2]

I was going use the full potential of a Lich. I could also use my lifesteal to finish off the weakened termites and then revive them.

I seemed to have found some answers through this experiment. I had to stay on the front lines, in order to continually be using my Lifesteal. Still, a revived giant termite only had ⅓ of its previous strength, so I had a long way to go in order to gain the upperhand.

“Fireball!”

As new termites approached, I bathed them in fire, but it was important to restrain myself and not kill them with Fireball because I realised that a corpse that was burnt to ashes wouldn’t be able to rise up again. I had to be constantly checking their health and when one would be low, I’d either strike out with my dagger or kick it away, creating some distance and giving time for my lifesteal to finish it off, or allow one of my minions to deliver the killing blow.