chapter 18

The fateful day finally arrived.

'Lord, the envoys are here.'

Standing at the precipice of the cliff, three groups were waiting to descend, a full moon hanging behind them in the night sky.

'Come along Alpeon, and message Bianca to meet us by the lake.

'I will see to it.'

I had been working hard to improve my strength during the past ten days. But, when compared to Soleste, it was still like the difference between a grown man and a child.

'These envoys... well, at least the King managed to defend this place from them for so many years. That feat alone is worthy of respect.'

"Chompy! Are you going to teach them a lesson? Do you want me to go out and do it?"

I wanted to smile because of Gwyn's overconfidence, but of course I had no lips.

'No way Gwyn, You...you're not at all on their level.'

I somehow crushed Gwyn's dream.

"Johra, although they call themselves a delegation, their numbers are much smaller than I thought."

Ian seemed to be more confident in our side seeing their small numbers. Possibly when learned from me that 3 groups would send envoys to try to capture our land, she expected a larger show of force.

'It seems that their low numbers is due to the longstanding pact between the former King and their respective powers.'

Kueeeeeek

Noticing the envoys, Mallepi let out a cute roar.

As they entered within the boundaries of my territory, I became able to observe their Statuses. They were six in total, just as in Alpeon's story, there were 3 delegations with 2 members a piece. Although they tried to present themselves as envoys, their intentions were all but diplomatic .Their names were all marked in gold, demonstrating their unique status and their levels, stats and skills weren't much different from the previous King I had defeated.

'They're all just E rank.'

They were of course strong, and held respectable statuses within their organizations. But, for me who had narrowly escaped from a life and death situation facing Soleste, their intimidating posture simply caused me to yawn.

'Would I be able to win facing all six of them together?'

I had been obsessed with improving my strength, so I was imagining ways to challenge myself.

'Are my chances about 50/50?'

"My Lord, how are you planning on handling them?"

Nymue had just risen from below the lake, and asked me in a cordial manner.

'The King will do what he has to do.'

"Are you confident you can keep possession of the territory?"

'No one should have any designs on what is mine!'

Kuwoong! Thud! Tak Guwoo!

It was the sound of 5 beings landing on an empty spot by the lake shore.

'Let's go.'

I brought my subordinates over to greet the envoys.

As I approached, I was shocked by their actual appearance because it was not at all what I had imagined in my mind, based on their status pages.

"Are you the new King? How disappointing, I was expecting a great battle."

It was a massive a Asmodian which spoke out with a deep, rumbling voice. It stood at 2 meters tall, with dark skin and black and red horns on its head. Its name was Talvin and his clan was a mixed race, half-human and dragon. Judging by his stats, he seemed to be the strongest of the 6.