chapter 61

Lord, the human’s armies have left the capital.’

‘Got it’

It was the latest report from Alpeon. They were coming after me just as I had predicted.’

‘It’s not easy… If there were only the Angels I could overwhelm them with, but with the humans there I had no distinct advantage.’

My best tactic of overwhelming them with numbers wouldn’t work.

‘I guess I will have to try and intercept them midway.’

Because of the Angels’ skills, any undead forces I brought with me wouldn’t be much help. The only alternative was to engage them with Necropolis’ own forces, but I wanted to avoid such a scenario if possible.

After strategizing for about an hour, I came to a decision and messaged Alpeon.

‘You shall be in charge of organizing a defense of the city as the last resort. Make sure to make use of the dragons and if you see there isn’t any hope, just abandon it and leave Wetheros mountains.

‘Yes Lord.’

“I should get going”

I messaged Alpeon before alerting Valenor who was still leaning on me peacefully.

“Will you join me Valenor?”

“Just tell me where, Polymorph!”

She instantly took her dragon form.

“I’ll allow you to come with me this time, but if I see things are going south, you have to make sure to run away and live to fight another day. Goti it?”

As she nodded her large head, I put the harness upon her and jumped on.

“To the capital!”

Swooosh!

We flew at her maximum speed and within just 20 minutes we sighted the human army.

“Valenor, let’s wait here a moment”

I stopped her 30 km away from the human army and I scouted ahead alone.

“Hmm, just 30,000? Well it isn’t there numbers which are a problem, but rather those Angels.”

There were the three angels flying above the marching army. The larger one flanked by the two smaller ones, advancing forward as if being escorted by the humans.

‘So to defeat the Angels I’ll first have to get through the human army?’

Although killing the humans would be simplicity itself, they weren’t the reason I had come here.

I kept my distance, I had already become wary of that Angel’s high perception since the misadventure with my Astral Projection. I then returned to Valenor’s side.

“Let’s fly up above them, at least one kilometer distance and simply rain hell down on them.”

“Ok, let’s do that!”

I had decided to take advantage of Valenor’s mobility in this engagement. Because the Angels took some time to cast their mid-range spells, they were planning on using the humans as a meat shield to buy themselves some time. I therefore decided to use our mobility and attack them from a longer distance.

“Meteor! Meteor! Meteor!”

I sent out Meteor which was one of my more deadly spells.

Quaaaang!

The first impact had burned a dozen soldiers to ashes and created a huge crater in the ground. They were however quick to react to the next ones and the human mages banded together to create a large shield. It the end my attacks had only cause a few casualties.