chapter 129

“What are you trying to make with a 19×19 board?”

“Just wait a while longer, I’m not done yet. Material Creation!”

I created about 400 round and flat black and white rocks.

“Are those black and white stones?”

“I nodded back and replied, If you truly believe yourself to be omnipotent and omniscient then defeat me in this game. If you do, I’ll quitely return to whence I came.”

“Why do I need to play along?”

Abaddon responded somewhat irritated.

“Two reasons. The first is that I still have a way to stop you, so this would be a better alternative for you.”

I signalled Lena to begin and together we created a 3D magic array around her.

“Whoa! What is this array supposed to do?”

“You’d best not make any sudden movements. If you do anything suspicious I’ll immediately activate it and send you back 20 million years in the past. That much time should be more than enough for me to prepare some countermeasures.”

With a wave of my hand the array began to shine, demonstrating my readiness.

“Stop… stop! Do you also wish to be trapped in this place for the next 20 million years? I know that you come from 20 million years in the future, so if you were to send me back then you would lose your chance to return.”

“Why is that? I could just use the same array twice.”

“No, spells like these that tamper with time on a large scale cause severe damage to the space time continuum. If you were to use it on me, even if you were by some miracle be able to return to the future, you could never properly calculate the right period due to the severe fluctuations that would occur as a result.”

“Well at least the entire universe wouldn’t be destroyed, I could figure something out after that.”

Although I was pretending to be completely fine with that result, the truth was that Abaddon’s words had rattled me. He had a point about tampering with time and its consequences.

“Fine then I understand your first reason, what’s the second?”

“It’s simple enough, the second reason is that it doesn’t cost you anything. If I lose then I’ll simply return to the future and you can do as you wish.”

“And what if I lose?”

“Well I have to admit that you still have the upperhand in these negotiations, so it’ll only be a light penalty.”

“What kind of penalty?”

“To not destroy the universe until we play out a rematch.”

“Rematch? When will that occur?”

“When we next meet.”

I would have 20 million years of preparation, surely in that time I would be able to find a way to defeat her. I also hoped that time would change her and that  she wouldn’t make trouble in the future.

“Hmm, That’s not enough.”

“Not enough?”

“This is a duel upon which hinges the fate of the universe, so I’ll add another condition to spice it up. Whoever loses will have to give everything they own to the winner. I’ll simply trample over you all in victory, and bring you all down to your knees.”

Abaddon’s eyes radiated with confidence.

“You must truly believe yourself to be omniscient and omnipotent”