chapter 108

I heard some crying coming from the medical wing as the steward urged me on.

“Already?”

“It was just born, come on!”

As I stepped into the room, I first noticed my cute baby girl in the android Hanna’s arms.  Viezda was laying down, terribly exhausted, but the one thing that jumped out at me was that our baby’s skin a was a light blue for some reason. (Delaila/ Humanoid Android, Hanna/Cat Ear Android, Riley/ Dog Ear Android)

“Did you give birth? Is that our child Viezda?”

Looking up at me she nodded.

“Please step outside since there’s a risk of infection.”

Delaila drove me away and I was resigned to looking in through the window. Standing there in a moment of bliss.

“Did I just become a father?”

“Yes, Master.”

The steward replied and give me a an encouraging pat on the back

“Why is such a great thing happening to me? I don’t deserve it.”

“Those kind of weak words are an insult to all fathers out there. ”

Steward answered strictly.

My mentality was still that of a high schooler. Although I had only spent roughly 6 months in this world, I had spent several years here last time around, not to mention my trip back to earth. My life’s clock which had been put on pause on that fateful day when I had tumbled down the manhole, had finally begun ticking again.

No, I forced it to start ticking in order to be a proper father to this child of mine.

“Master, this might just be a saying, but I’ve heard that a mother falls into her role naturally, while being a father requires determination.  If you are feeling anxious right now then it’s in fact a good sign.”

“Thank you steward, your words are quite comforting.”

“You are most welcome, although I’m sure you’d do just fine without my advice.”

All my worries in the world vanished as I stared at this child of mine cradled in Viezda’s arms. Whether it was time which had stopped or some other mystical effect, I couldn’t care less and simply kept staring.

Just for the sake of this child, I knew I was willing to forgive anything, and at the same time kill anyone in the world.

“Master.”

Just after the steward left to put the finishing touches on our baby’s new room, Melpomene snuck up from behind and wrapped her arms around me.

“Hi Melpomene.”

“Is the baby pretty?”

“Yes.”

“How beautiful?”

“Enough to forgive the world.”

“Oh, then am I forgiven?”

“No, that’s still up in the air.”

“Did I truly commit a sin greater than the world itself?”

“…”

“I want to have a child as well.”

“We can’t”

“Why not?”

“I need to make sure there is nothing that can harm this baby girl of mine.”