chapter 13

I let them drink it, and watched carefully from a distance. The baby dragon basked in a golden aura circling around him, I opened the status page to learn more.

[Blessing of the World Roots]

Great, I was able to learn its hidden identity through the status effect. Although the extent of the benefits provided was still unknown, based on what I had seen with the giant termites, it was helpful towards your evolution. I had let them drink 2 out of the 4 portions, and now sprinkled one over my body, keeping the last one in reserve. I wasn't able to drink it and worried that simply spraying on my body wouldn't work, but I was also blessed.

"Sir Johra,this is amazing! Where did you get this stuff? I no longer feel hungry after drinking it."

Kueeeeee

The baby dragon was nudging Ian's arm, expecting there to be more to drink.

'Don't worry you can have some again next time, I can always get more.'

Fortunately both reacted positively to the blessing, without any apparent side effects. Now, I had some work to do as the owner of the Pit. Using the Ownership view, I knew that there were 3 main forces.

The first were the giant termites with whom I had already come to an understanding. There were now two more forces which I had to meet with. I decided to meet with what I hoped would be the less demanding of the two, and figured I should enlist the help of my first friend.

'Ian, I'm off to meet the spirits. I think I'll need Gwyn's help, she can be a bit chatty so just bear with it.'

"Are you friends with a spirit? I've already formed contracts with elemental spirits so I understand their nature well."

'Right, please bring along the last World Roots' nectar.'

Ian followed me to meet Gwyn at her stream.

"Ah! Chompy is coming to see me! Flowers look, that's my friend!"

Gwyn had spotted me in the distance and was speaking to the flowers nearby.

'Can spirits talk to flowers?'

"Even a spirit can't talk to flowers, Johra was that the pixie friend you mentioned?"

I nodded to Ian.

She had overheard me thinking to myself, for the first time, I realised I would need to be more careful about my thoughts while next to Ian.

'Gwin you are looking great!'

"Yes! I'm fine, How have you been doing Chompy?"

[You have learned Telepathy Lv1]

'Hmm? Wait... did I just gain a skill?'

"Huh? You're talking to me right? Is that you Chompy?

I could finally celebrate the end of my life as a mute skeleton. Of course, the sound of me cheering was still the clacking of my teeth.

"Hey you! You should speak more politely to Johra, you are just such a pixie!"

"Hm? Aren't you that mage we saved back then? Since when have you been following Chompy?"

"Oh, was it you who gave him that strange name?"

"Aah! Let go, let go! Put me down! Why are you doing this?"

Somehow The two seemed to be fighting but I couldn't get close so I had to somehow separate them from a distance through telepathy.

'Ian, let her go. She's a bit naughty but still a good kid.'