chapter 116

I was giving him the usual near death experience, when suddenly he threw himself at Krishna, choosing death. I tried to pull back the sword, but it all happened too fast and I was too late.”

“Huh… so Harpok chose to die.”

“Perhaps, I’m not so convinced that he actually died though.”

“He’s still alive? How do you know?”

“It seems to be one of his abilities, we can see his other life through his eye. I brought his body over.”

Thanatos presented Harpok’s corpse with a grievous wound to its side; however his eye shown like a bright crystal, projecting his new life which was like watching a movie.

“Is that Earth? It seems a bit similar to what it would look like in the future.”

“According to the scene, It looks like a depiction of Earth right before the cataclysm.”

“Right? Are they the parents, did Harpok reincarnate into a baby? Please take a look and figure out where it is Harpok escaped to.”

“Got it!”

I order Lena to research the scene captured on his eyeball.

“Who were you talking to, Master?”

Thanatos asked questioningly.

“Ah, I was giving Lena the image to analyse.”

“Lena, you mean those automated magical maids? Wasn’t she supposed to be back in the dungeon manor? Can she also exist in the water? I feel a bunch of aquatic life all around me.”

“Are you truly able to sense life, Thanatos?”

“Naturally, I feed off death so the ability to sense life is a must”

“Is that all we are to you, prey?”

I felt a bit uncomfortable being next to Thanatos since her recent transformation, especially that creepy smile.

“You have nothing to worry about, Master. When your time comes I’ll make sure you have a beautiful death.”

“Uhm… actually I plan on living a long and healthy life.”

“It’s fine, I’ll be waiting.”

“Right… so did you get any information out of Harpok?”

“I’m not sure how important the information I got was. He’s been feeding me so much nonsense for so long that it became hard to distinguish.”

“Okay, so what did you learn?”

“Well the most important bits are probably those about your Fallen class, Artifacts, the background of your necklace and the politics between the High Gods. Which one do you want to hear first?”

“They all sound pretty juicy, let’s start with the necklace.”

“Heehee, I expected you’d be interested in that part. He seemed to know quite a lot as he was knowledgeable regarding items. What should I start with, the story behind the necklace, the rules regarding its curses, or the stories of the Gods which managed to achieve Godhood with its help.”

“Start with the necklace’s background. Learning its origins should help us better understand it.”

Thanatos’ lips curled into a smile.

“It’s identity is actually that of a God which was a follower of Metatron. He was then transformed into that necklace. His name was Maitreiya , God of Ascendance and was in fact Metatron’s twin brother.”