chapter 21

Alpeon, arrange for all fighting termites to be stationed nearby. They should arrive promptly if called upon to fight. Also, bring the golden termites and the special arachnids to this room.

'I will see to it my Lord.'

'Alpeon, do you know what is down there?'

'I don't know, all that is known is what is passed down from each generation, which is not to dig past this point.'

Alpeon's antennas were bobbing up and down as he was in deep thought.

'What about the former King?'

'He didn't seem to have any interest in what lay below us.'

'Well. It seems there are creatures below us.'

'Huh?'

'Well...' Alpeon might have been hesitant to answer knowing my adventurous spirit.

'I'm going to hunt them!'

Below the bottom of the termite's nest, there were monsters called Void Scuttle.

Their status pages indicated that they were D- rank. It was the highest rank I had seen if we excluded Soleste. It seemed that because they were at the boundary of my territory, I could identify their name and rank, but not any other information. Still, it was clear that they were harvesting a certain portion of the Roots' nectar before it arrived to us.

'Lord, Did you summon us?'

The first to arrive was Arin, she was a bit willful, but a hard worker so I didn't scold her too much.The next to arrive was the golden termite Jenna, it was better now between them and they would bicker much less. I looked around the room and began giving out my instructions as everyone else joined.

'Below us lie numerous monsters known as Void Scuttles, they are our next targets because they've been stealing our nectar. Do you understand the situation? This is a punitive expedition to bring to justice those thieves!'

Actually, depending on who you asked it was hard to judge who was the rightful owner of such a precious commodity. But I claimed ownership, because whatever arrives to my home is rightfully mine!'

'I wonder if we will be able to deal with them.'

I had first come in contact with their status page when I was deeply submerged in the pool of nectar, training and discovering new skills. At first, I was worried about their high D- rank, but after my performance with the envoys, I gained some confidence.

'Alpeon, get started on the tunnel, make it deep and narrow.'

'Yes, my Lord.'

He sent the workers to start digging the ground. It was relatively close as I judged we were only separated from the other side by 10 meters of earth and rock. When the workers had gone about 8 meters deep, I had them stop.

'Legol, Arin, Hattan create a strong spiderweb around me to use as a harness.

'As you wish.'

'Jenna, Tagan, Mir make a pond near the hole and fill it with poison.'

'As you command.'

We were preparing our arsenal with poison spider webs and a poison liquid pond.

'On my command, bombard the enemy with everything you've got!'

'Alpeon, step back, there is no need for you to participate in this battle.'

'Lord, please allow me to witness this historical moment.'