chapter 30

A clear sky and shining stars came into view.

[Magic Research Complete]

[Simultaneous Enchant Lv1 has been Acquired]

[Ghost Lv1 has been Acquired]

The fruits of my latest research appeared before me.

"After all, the sky view from the pit is the most beautiful."

"Lord, you have returned."

Alpeon was already near my body.

"What's going on, why aren't you in your nest?"

"I just wanted to be close to you, Lord."

Alpeon answered in a smooth tone.

"This is unlike you."

"I know, it's just that things seemed to have changed since you evolved us, it isn't only me, but my family as well."

I studied Alpeon carefully, She seemed more human than ever. Be it the expressions on her face or the twitching of her antennas, they all portrayed her emotions.

'These changes might have some connection with the strange emotions I've been feeling these days...'

"I think us subordinates change according to our Lord."

Alpeon iterated out loud what I had already been speculating in my mind.

"Even if I'm stuck here, at least I can look at the night sky in peace."

"Yes, although the Lord, has been sealed, it isn't so bad because I can accompany you like so."

"Is that right? Then in the future I can enjoy these relaxing nights with Alpeon."

"Just those words alone fill me with endless happiness, my Lord."

I stayed there and discussed the progress of the traps along our borders as well as the future development of the territory until the break of dawn.

"I'll have to get going now, don't forget to contact me through Ian if anything happens."

"You can go to your Avatar with the confidence that I would die trying to protect your main body."

"No, If danger comes this way, just escape. If you can stay alive, we can always meet again in the future."

She nodded to me with strange smile.

"Avatar Flip!"

Obviously I had been alone when I had gone to sleep. I had previously considered setting up some magical formations or spells to protect my Avatar while I was away, but perhaps I had been too tired and negligent. Also, I was counting on the reputation of such a large Inn to guarantee my safety. But, I arrived to an unexpected situation.

When I opened my eyes, the three female adventurers had joined me on the bed and were sleeping in their pajamas. They were all hugging me as if was their body pillow.

'This... what's going on?

After using Avatar Flip, it would become nothing but a lifeless doll, completely unconscious. The three women must have taken the opportunity to break into my room and sneak onto my bed!

Knock Knock!

"Sir, I've brought you breakfast."

I was in a difficult spot as others would certainly misunderstand the situation. Before I could open my mouth to respond.

"Come in and leave it on the table."

Kishande who had just awoken, replied shamelessly. As the owner walked in through the door, he even dropped his tray in surprise.