chapter 40

Khooooo Poooak!

She managed to cut her animation time in half by reducing the power of her Dragon Breath to ⅓ it's length.

"Teleport!"

I managed to avoid it, but had I been just a fraction of a second slower I would have disappeared from this world. The biggest problem was that her HP was rising quickly, and the flames had once again wiped out the majority of my Skeleton Mages.

'Damn it's so unfair! I'd be KO if she connects just once, whereas I spent hours chipping away at her health only be on the back foot once again. What could I possibly do?'

Ting, Ting Pooooak

The situation was reversing, her Dragon Breaths arrived quicker, she still had the instant cast Roar and Cleanse. Not to mention that her health regeneration outpaced my DPS and after about one hour was back up to 50% health.

'I can't go on like this, it won't end well for me.'

'Sorry Johra, I wasn't well informed and matched you up with an impossible adversary. When I had seen your Stats I expected you to succeed easily.'

Gnoss was truly frustrated by his mistake. I had no chance of winning this and it was also in his self interest to make me survive, in order for me to unseal him at a later date.

The battle continued for hours as I dodged her attacks, looking for an inspiration, when I finally found one by examining her wounds.

'Gnoss, what if I cause her Mana to leak out?'

'It might burst out or possibly backfire on her internally, is that what you're aiming for?'

I summon the maximum amount of Skeleton Mages and had them all attack simultaneously. Focusing their fire solely on the her largest Mana vein running along her stomach.

Hwaruk! Hwaruk!

At first it was just a scratch, but by constantly concentrating the attacks of more than 300 mages, I was able to slowly chip away at those armored scales, causing the first stream of to leak out from the largest Mana vein.

Poooung kukooong!

The timing was perfect as she was just about to unleash another Dragon Breath. Her spell backfired on her, causing an internal explosion which sent her flying into the air before landing with a loud thump.

Oooops Kuuuhe

That exchange alone had taken 5% of her HP, but my Skeleton Mages didn't let up on their attack.

Hwaruk! Hwaruk!

What began as a small nick had turned into a deadly wound as her silver blood poured out. A [Severe Bleeding] was seen on her Status and her health was dropping quickly. She reassumed her Dragon body, unable to maintain the Polymorph.

"You are a worthy adversary."

Lying helpless on the Ice floor, her Hp had dropped dramatically, now only at 10%. At this rate she was facing imminent death and had but seconds to live.

'Create Cure'

[You have learned Cure Lv1]

Suddenly I dropped to floor, having forgotten that I exceed my maximum of 3 Creation spells.

'Create Levitation'

'Johra what are you doing? Surely you're not thinking of....'

'Create Teleport'

[You have learned Teleport Lv1]

"Teleport!"

As I teleported to her side, the Skeleton mages had disappeared as i no longer owned the skill.