chapter 46

Alpeon this is unlike you, just spit it out.’

‘Dragons’

‘Dragons?’

‘Yes they’re…’

I jumped out of bed and left Valenor sleeping on the bed, rushing the the highest tower of my palace. It was high enough to see past the cliff of the Pit and I could see the army of Elves assembled on the plains nearby. Above them soared five multicolored dragons.

“Shit, there are actually five of them.”

I wasn’t able to see their status pages because of the distance, but I could tell that two of them were the same size as Valenor and one of them was much larger.

‘Gnoss, those dragons….’

‘Yes, those must be the dragons who have formed contracts with the elves. There had been rumours of this happening in their major families, but their numbers couldn’t be confirmed. It was one of the main reasons why I brought you to meet Valenor.’

‘ Well it doesn’t help much, 5 vs 1 is hardly a fair fight.’

We might have had a small chance if we were able to face them individually while I acted in concert with Valenor. Of course this probably didn’t apply to the large green dragon because for their race, their size was often an indication of their age and power.

However now that they had all gathered together and were also backed up by a coalition army of elves, human adventurers and kingdom soldiers.

“Ughhuaaa! Johra why didn’t you wake me up!”

Valenor rushed up to meet me on the observatory. She looked very calm, still wearing her pajamas.

“You were sleeping so well.”

“Oh the elves have arrived… wait, why are my people with them as well.”

“Indeed”

I responded to her without betraying any of my insecurities.

“So how are you going to deal with this?”

I crossed my arm, deep in thought.

“I don’t have any idea.”

“Lord you must have a solution right?”

“Hmm, I’m thinking now”

“Alpeon you forget yourself, my husband is King.”

Luckily Valenor intervened on my behalf

“No, I would never dare doubt you my Lord.”

“Why don’t you just focus on battle aspect.”

I ordered Alpeon with a tinge of coldness.

“I’ll see to it.”

When Alpeon had left, Valenor approached me and spoke.

“Five dragons, isn’t that a bit too much to handle? Will we be running away Johra?”

“Truly Valenor?”

I was surprised by her suggestion.

“We are not likely to win versus five dragons. I’m perfectly fine with eloping with Johra and leaving the Pit behind.”

Valenor proposed with a bright expression. No wonder she waited for Alpeon to leave.

But I was quite stubborn and hated the idea of turning tail to run.

“Sorry Valenor, I know we can’t win… but I just hate the idea of running away, I know I’m stubborn….”

“No problem, does that mean we won’t be backing down.”