chapter 67

“Hmm… so your plan is to use a positron bomb in order to destroy the asteroid?”

“Right, although smaller asteroids can be taken care of by our high powered laser turrets, they can’t take on the larger ones.”

“I see, then I’m guessing you want me to create some more positrons right?”

I was discussing with Zaira how we would deal with the incoming asteroids from the Kuiper Belt. For the smaller ones the lasers would suffice, but we would use my positrons to break down the big asteroids into smaller pieces before it entered the Earth’s atmosphere.

Although it was a simple enough approach, it was something which humanity wasn’t capable of doing in the past because their nuclear weapons weren’t powerful enough to crack the big asteroids.

It was now my role to take care of them.

Six months after the launch of the Terraformer, sunlight was beginning to trickle through the thick dust clouds. There were now a total of 100 operational Terraformers.

They would have to return to Gamma to recharge their power source once a week, before then setting off again. One could process up to 1000 tons per week with its large 60 meter wingspan that could suck up all the dust within a 600 square meter.In just these last six months there had been a significant change in the concentration of dust in the Earth’s atmosphere.

“Is that actually a sunrise?”

“Johra is witnessing a rare phenomenon, the first sunrise in 140,000 years.”

The rays which could filter through were fr the most part reflecitng of several Tephra particles, which painted the sky in different colors.

One year after that, the skies were clearing up and with the increase of solar rays, the temperature had risen. Depending on the time of day, it could get as hot as 60~70 degrees Celcius, before falling down to minus 50~60 degrees at night.

“I don’t think life can thrive in these conditions.”

“Yes Johra, the current changes in temperature are due to the absence of a large body of water, which would help create a more mild climate.”

“I understand, but it is currently impossible for me to single handedly create enough water to fill entire oceans.”

“I’m aware of that, I have previously examined the limitations of your miraculous ability and came to the same conclusion.”

“So?”

“The plan is to capture a rogue comet.”

“A comet?”

“Right, a comet made entirely of ice, if we can break it up and control it to enter Earth’s atmosphere at a moderate speed, then it could solve our water problems.”

“Then how should we proceed.”

“You can leave the details to me, I just need your go ahead to proceed.”

“Oh do you require my approval?”

“Well…naturally, does that surprise you?”

“OK, I also want to see an Earth filled with water. What is the current situation with the egg?”

“It’s lifeforce is stable and it appears ready to come out, but there are still no signs of hatching.”

“Ok, make sure to contact me immediately if there are any changes.”

“Sure, will do.”

It would be very helpful if Nordrida retained her memory.

‘Is Noradriana in that egg?’